Brake caliper painting

Any colour recommendations for Starlight Blue, Cavascal wheels in silver and black. Free Team Sky bottle to winning recommender

If it were my colour I would go with yellow but they will be a nightmare to keep clean. I know mine are and they are as per the link I posted above.

Last edited:
Question;

When removing the rear brake caliper and seperating the carriage and caliper itself, so it's easier to paint.

Do you leave the handbrake on or off?.

TIA.

You won’t get the brake caliper off if the HB is on as the pads will be under pressure on the discs.

I could be wrong but I believe that is the case.

You won’t get the brake caliper off if the HB is on as the pads will be under pressure on the discs.

I could be wrong but I believe that is the case.
Anybody now which adaptor is needed to wind the rear caliper piston back in? Is it a 3 pin or two? Any ideas?.

TIA

Anybody know if you can get replacement rubber guides for the rear caliper slider pins? Just seen that one of them is ripped. Thanks

All done on the rear's with the barrels of the Davenport's cleaned up as well. I've run out of what to do on the van next. Thanks @Loz for the cable as well. I've PM'd you. :thumbsup:

IMG_20210303_170202.jpg

IMG_20210303_165724.jpg

IMG_20210303_165713.jpg

Thought I’d add my 2 cents for anyone considering the DIY route.

Combi drill with wire wheel attachment
Wire brush
Break cleaner
Motip spray paint (4 coats)
Patience
Heat gun

it’s been 6 months and they still look the same once cleaned up!

B9C98D41-D13E-4432-8D5E-C5CB1FF55CF8.jpeg

8687DE86-7F8D-4526-8FA2-E2DF69AECDF1.jpeg

If you don’t want to refurbish and paint calipers yourself then BigRedd in Worcester are a well-regarded company. A lot of professional restorers use them and I’m aware many members in the BMW, MG and Porsche clubs speak very highly of them. There’s a useful YouTube video that shows what they do and how they do it...

Last edited:
Back