Brake caliper painting

Rich

T6 Pro
Hi All,

Have seen a number of you now have painted the calipers. Most recently, @Amped you appear to have done it whilst detailing your van, I spotted a little tin of paint. I have seen spray cans of caliper paint available. How has everyone done it? Is it easy enough to do taking each wheel off and doing in situ, or has anyone removed calipers to spray? Would like to do it, but concerned of making it look a right mess!

Thanks!

@Rich , it's as simple as you said, take each wheel off and get yourself a small brush and tin of whatever colour Caliper paint you want ( halfords ) and take your time and make sure you clean Caliper before painting it, normally a damp cloth will suffice.
You can also have the calipers sprayed if you so wish, but for me I quite like doing them myself.
As long as you don't overload brush you really can't make a mess, Caliper paint can be quite thin and sometimes needs a couple of coats, however I've used halfords own high temperature paint and it's slightly thicker and easier going on IMHO :thumbsup:

I've used brake cleaner to clean them off if their really mucky.

Plan on doing mine when wheels arrive.

Brush for getting the loose stuff off then brake cleaner. I just used hammerite, tried another make on previous van but didn't last very well.

jdm-img).PNG Hello there,

I am wanting to change my factory fitted callipers on my T32 Kombi. I have a black van with 18" WOLFRACE Eurosport JDM 6 spoke alloys (Pictured) The factory fitted callipers are just bland dull metal. Can anyone recommend some nice gloss/matt callipers in bright red? I have a garage next door to me that have quoted 3 hours labour for changing the set of 4. I'm not concerned with the cost as much as the look! Any ideas?

Last edited:
yeah, bit confusing when they use the same name, but only quote the load rating on the commercial pages of the catalog.. makes it hard to know whats what as the Eurosport seems to be by definition a different wheel.. but glad they are all good:thumbsup:

Thanks guys. Just purchased some Halfords calliper paint (£10.99) in red. I'll put some pictures on here when done. Has anyone painted their callipers? Do you have photos?

Haven't got my t6 yet but I've done it on quite a few of my older cars.

I'll try and pull some pics up

Is that just a wire brush clean and painted yourself?
Yes. Hot soapy water and Brillo pad, then calliper cleaning spray with wire brush, dry, then carefully paint with small brush and 1 hour between coats. I know it's a bit amateur but I'm pleased with the results and it's something I managed to do myself.

Back