Brake caliper painting

brilliant!

I tried to get into my old photobucket account yesterday to no avail.

On my Gsi when i did the calipers I got some vinyl transfer stickers with the Vauxhall logo and the word Vauxhall in black to put on the caliper once I'd painted them red.
Looked really nice.

Something similar to this might fit...

For VOLKSWAGEN VW 4 x Door Handle CAR DECAL STICKER - POLO GOLF - 100mm long | eBay

Ignore the pic, it looks like a clear sticker on the photoshop pic but the description is for vinyl transfers.

View attachment 24481
Done mine with the e-tech, it’s meant to be Russo red but not really bright red

awsome, just what i was looking for.

sorry for the next few questions . . . . . but . . . it looks like we have the same van? (silver sportline, black wheels, led lights, silver side bars, etc etc ?)

and that was the look i was after.........

is the e-tech finish glossy?
are those the OEM brakes?
whats the white lettering on the calipers?
is that a real Sportline?
where did the sportline logos come from on the mirrors? . . mine hasnt got that? but i like it.

8F8B45E9-8050-4BB7-B0CC-94F305D71AB7.png B1D444A8-6A48-4710-A253-B90FFBB05C02.png
awsome, just what i was looking for.

sorry for the next few questions . . . . . but . . . it looks like we have the same van? (silver sportline, black wheels, led lights, silver side bars, etc etc ?)

and that was the look i was after.........

is the e-tech finish glossy?
are those the OEM brakes?
whats the white lettering on the calipers?
is that a real Sportline?
where did the sportline logos come from on the mirrors? . . mine hasnt got that? but i like it.

Yeah seen you on here a few times
Yes pretty similar vans, yeah it’s a genuine sportline kombi (3rd sportline I’ve owned love it but need to stop spending money on it)
The e-tech is not really glossy, you do get a clear lacquer, the stickers are brembo stickers I put those on just to smarten them up really, they are standard sportline calipers
I got the sportline stickers off eBay as I liked them on my old T5.1 sportline and thought they looked plain on standard T6 sportline
I’ve just had air ride fitted which makes it extremely low when you want, normal ride height is set just on controls so easy to change
Also just fitted a front lower splitter which I think finishes off the front spoiler
I went to players show on Sunday and now want different wheels lol, where does it stop, already got Bentley wheels as 2nd set but decided to sell those now
Cheers
Lee

Did you write that correct ? £750

It sounds expensive, but the calipers were all taken off, split open, cleaned, painted, put back together, fitted on the van, bled, tested and guaranteed for 12 months. It’s quite labour intensive to really do it properly, especially if you don’t have the mechanical knowledge, which I don’t.

It sounds expensive, but the calipers were all taken off, split open, cleaned, painted, put back together, fitted on the van, bled, tested and guaranteed for 12 months. It’s quite labour intensive to really do it properly, especially if you don’t have the mechanical knowledge, which I don’t.

Wow looks nice but lots of money

View attachment 24492 View attachment 24493

Yeah seen you on here a few times
Yes pretty similar vans, yeah it’s a genuine sportline kombi (3rd sportline I’ve owned love it but need to stop spending money on it)
The e-tech is not really glossy, you do get a clear lacquer, the stickers are brembo stickers I put those on just to smarten them up really, they are standard sportline calipers
I got the sportline stickers off eBay as I liked them on my old T5.1 sportline and thought they looked plain on standard T6 sportline
I’ve just had air ride fitted which makes it extremely low when you want, normal ride height is set just on controls so easy to change
Also just fitted a front lower splitter which I think finishes off the front spoiler
I went to players show on Sunday and now want different wheels lol, where does it stop, already got Bentley wheels as 2nd set but decided to sell those now
Cheers
Lee

Sweet =]

Yep ours is T6 T32 LWB 204 DSG sportline Van (silver, led headlights, sportline kit blah blah)

but removed the sportline lower spoiler and fitted a WOC one.

Stock suspension and stock Back rims . . . . . but love the red calipers look.

I've found the Sportline decals on line - thanks for the tip.

I've now found the VHT Clear paint online - thanks for the tip.

I've found the Decals @Insert Coin had, so the plan is to paint the calipers RED, then apply the decals, the seal it all in with the VHT clear gloss coat.

your air ride looks nutts!!! ill keep an eye out for it when im next down south.

Ironically my name is Lee too . . . very odd. Dellmassive AKA Lee from ESD.

this is about where we are at, atm. . . . . but as you say, . . . . you just keep spending/upgrading.

my next task is the black leather Vele door cards and black lower dash trims from pauly.

5.jpg

I used the E-tech red calipers paint and painted in situ. Just took the springs off, wire brushed them, wet n dry’d then, washed and then cleaned with brake cleaner. I used a few different sized paint brushes and a very steady hand to paint them. Took a bloody long time but I wanted to make sure they were tidy. A lot of effort (especially without a ramp or decent jack) but was well worth the effort I think....

1CCFEE21-C0E6-41C9-9C38-A3439FD91F4E.jpeg EE94B44D-DD68-427F-AAD2-CF0CFEE66EB0.jpeg

Last edited:
so a lot of years since I thought about doing this but the standard brakes are huge on the front so have been thinking about painting them. Obviously red is a contender as it will add a good 10 to 20 bhp but has anyone done a different colour on a bamboo green van?? any opinions/pictures are welcomed :thumbsup: thank you

Back