Bike Inside Camper ?

I can get a MTB under the bed when it is out. I just have to take off 1 peddle. 30 second job with the correct spanner. Front wheel turned up behind drivers seat.

Not thought of that, I’ll get measuring :thumbsup:

My EMTB fits in the van no problem, as the layout leaves an empty aisle down the middle. It even leaves both beds useable, though it makes getting in an out of lower bed difficult so I do have a rack on the back as well now. If I’m anywhere dodgy the bike sleeps in the van with me though, if not then it’s outside with a heavy chain and padlock through the towing loop, a D lock through the rear wheel and frame, and a disc lock on the front wheel

How many locks :rofl:

When you say empty aisle down middle, is that between bed and front seats ?

In my T4 I could get my bike, with front wheel off, between twin-swivelled seats and the dash. I’m planning the same for my T6.

Have you any pics, Just wondering how it works and where the bars go.
Do you put rear end in first ? So the back wheel is near drivers seat.

Simple - but only in the 'Aisle-layout' campervan - Bilbo's Nexa and Lezan, Jerba Sanna, Leisuredrive Vivante, and our own Nu-Venture Quart.
We can carry two large bikes inside, without taking the front wheels off - but you do need to use dustsheets and cushioning, to protect the furniture.

Have you any pics, Just wondering how it works and where the bars go.
Do you put rear end in first ? So the back wheel is near drivers seat.

Sorry I don’t have pics but from memory I would put it upside down with the rear wheel on the passenger’s side. If you put the seats forward on their runners, there can be surprising amount of room between the backs and the dash.

Sorry I don’t have pics but from memory I would put it upside down with the rear wheel on the passenger’s side. If you put the seats forward on their runners, there can be surprising amount of room between the backs and the dash.

Excellent I’ll give that a try.

Thanks

How on earth does that fit in ?
Have you got a LWB ?

I've got LWB
But built a SWB conversion for living space and extended the wardrobe to the tail gate adding an extra tember door.
The extra 450mm I nicked for all my toys ( BASE kit, paraglider and MTB )
It fits Just Its a Jigsaw puzzle for sure, but has become a well oiled machine and a BASE jumper can do nothing if he can not pack ! Lol

The bike stands on a shelf now (not like in 1st picture) didn't like the box ! wasted space, there is a front axel stand then a RoK strap to hold side in place.
The bulk head and shelf are also removable (RIB on Calli rails) from the inside you would not notice the bulk head behind RIB !
But it can and does all come out with minimum effort
It was all my head for two years
I was told it couldn't be done ! I made it from cardboard first then ply the finally the finished thing.

Originally it was set for a 27" wheel bike but I managed to make it work for a 29er that's what's in there now.

You really need see it !
Sure people on here that have seen it will agree it works well !
No I'm not looking to big myself up but its something I'm very proud of.
Would love to help someone do the same thing too
I think with a deeper shelf a road bike would go in without removing bars ! Something I'm going try do this winter.
I wants and needed an equipment vault
It works for me

Only bit of a faff is having to take the bars off and cable tie to forks every time
but for the security and keeping van lines clean with no back rack IMO it just works

How many locks :rofl:

When you say empty aisle down middle, is that between bed and front seats ?
No, along the side of the rear seat and inbetween the kitchen and fridge at the back. I'll use this pic again as it's the only one that explains it best. The front wheel would either be against the back of the driver's seat or level with the rear seat backrest, depending whether you need access to the kitchen or to the rear seat
IMG_4478.JPG

And yes, admittedly most of those locks were left over from my motorcycling days, but no one's having my bike! I know it's small beer to some on here who take it more seriously, but I'm still getting over the shock of spending over 2 grand on something I have to pedal :eek: :D

And yes, admittedly most of those locks were left over from my motorcycling days, but no one's having my bike! I know it's small beer to some on here who take it more seriously, but I'm still getting over the shock of spending over 2 grand on something I have to pedal :eek: :D

Ha ha Love it :rofl:

No, along the side of the rear seat and inbetween the kitchen and fridge at the back. I'll use this pic again as it's the only one that explains it best. The front wheel would either be against the back of the driver's seat or level with the rear seat backrest, depending whether you need access to the kitchen or to the rear seat
View attachment 52253

ahh yes i see, your layout is quiet different to mine, yours is more bike user friendly :thumbsup:
Thank you

This is something that we are looking at for our lwb. The basic plan is a small garage area at the back to take the two bikes with just the front wheels off. Then a basic sleeping area in front of that, more kind of day van set up I guess than full conversion. Has anyone fitted a swb layout to a lwb and used that space for storage?

This is something that we are looking at for our lwb. The basic plan is a small garage area at the back to take the two bikes with just the front wheels off. Then a basic sleeping area in front of that, more kind of day van set up I guess than full conversion. Has anyone fitted a swb layout to a lwb and used that space for storage?

Yes

Read my post above here !

Pictures on page 1 !!!!!!

@ROMANY
Do you have a build thread? One of the considerations was the how the swb fitted with the different wheel arch location

My EMTB fits in the van no problem, as the layout leaves an empty aisle down the middle. It even leaves both beds useable, though it makes getting in an out of lower bed difficult so I do have a rack on the back as well now. If I’m anywhere dodgy the bike sleeps in the van with me though, if not then it’s outside with a heavy chain and padlock through the towing loop, a D lock through the rear wheel and frame, and a disc lock on the front wheel
Re the locking to the towing loop, I looked at that but it looks like undoing one nut underneath detaches the towing loop unless I’m mistaken?

Back