Big Brakes: talk to me

I am in the market for some big brakes on my new 204 dsg 6.1 t32 when it finally arrives, along with a suspension kit etc, etc, I already know I will be be running Judd 311r's,so got plenty of room.

Thing is, I dunno know whether to go Forge,Revo or even Brembo Porsche ones with the relevant discs..

I do own a latish 911 with Carbon ceramics on, so I am trying to replicate the look somewhat..

Give me your thoughts feedback, pics etc, as I'm interested to see & hear your thoughts guys.

I am & I arn't on a budget, just want the right package.
We have the most comprehensive range of Suspension kits in stock and install an average of 50 a month . We have a wealth of experience with these vehicles and we stock the Forge Big brake kits ( all of them ) . We also sell the Powerbrake BBK s, Dakar winning technology for the more demanding needs . Try to buy a brake kit sold by the manufacturer not a rebranded kit , at least you know if its quality and not something cheap with a fancy name on it ,
Cheap big brake kits give poor pad wear ( uneven tapered wear pattern ) Always use a performance pad for daily driving not track pads which dont get to temperature quick enough for daily use .

So my t32 sharp braking is not just me.. It can be so sharp , I nearly send my wife through the window..it doesn,t help that she sits on the double fixed perch seat. I've noticed that if I'm on uneven road when slowing, the brakes appear to snatch.. of course ( my wife) "its your fault". Its so serious. I may have to sell my beloved t32/TSi (2018)dsg. Local vw say nothing to be done! When I'm pulling the caravan, all seams well!!. I did see someone say changes can be made to the brake (pad?) material. Can anyone help?

EBC do different compounds of pad and i think they can change the characteristic of the bite
Assume you have the big callipers up front as per most T 32 ??

Hi.. @CRS Performance replaced my pads for EBC Yellow Stuff a while back….but that was more to do with brake fade .. not snatching which could be the disc’s are warped..Towing can generate a lot of heat on the disc’s ( even with a braked unit)
VW can sometimes not spot the obvious….if you go for a pad change get them to check the rotation first….Just a thought does this happen while towing…As a braked unit ( caravan or trailer ) can snatch back even on slow braking :)

ps ..Get another owner to test drive with you … but not the wife..I’ve had to bite my lip a few time when asking her to help :rolleyes:
miss read forget the caravan bit :eek:

Last edited:
So my t32 sharp braking is not just me.. It can be so sharp , I nearly send my wife through the window..it doesn,t help that she sits on the double fixed perch seat. I've noticed that if I'm on uneven road when slowing, the brakes appear to snatch.. of course ( my wife) "its your fault". Its so serious. I may have to sell my beloved t32/TSi (2018)dsg. Local vw say nothing to be done! When I'm pulling the caravan, all seams well!!. I did see someone say changes can be made to the brake (pad?) material. Can anyone help?
DSG?

Also you can get the angled backrest for the double which helps too

You’ll eventually be glad of the 340mm stopping force, it’s saved my ass when a Spanish truck changed lane on me at 70MPH. Yes everything loose went flying but the outcome was good.

Thanks for responses, all are useful. The t6 caravelle is dsg ( engine braking is achieved when locking the gears off).. The snatch is most powerfull when the van is light, which is most of the time! They're so strong I'd be worried to hit them in wet weather. A local garage has suggested the ft pads could be changed to achieve a softer contact. Are they just selling?

Last edited:
Thanks, all responses useful. The snatch is most powerful when van is light ( most of the time). I worry to use them in wet weather. A local garage suggests changing the ft pads to enable a softer contact. Is this possible or are they just selling.. they have done good work for me in the past. Ihave a t32 t6 caravelle tsi which shifts very nicely ( without mods). The dsg box can lock down the gears and engine braking is easily achieved. Apart from the braking issue, I'm looking for a front single passenger seat,ideally heated and with a lowered seat box and swivel,,, any offers?

Thanks for responses, all are useful. The t6 caravelle is dsg ( engine braking is achieved when locking the gears off).. The snatch is most powerfull when the van is light, which is most of the time! They're so strong I'd be worried to hit them in wet weather. A local garage has suggested the ft pads could be changed to achieve a softer contact. Are they just selling?
Have you tried turning the coasting function off? Makes a difference to how the van feels when slowing down

disengages the gearbox when you lift off the throttle

Last edited by a moderator:
What does the coasting function actually do?

I see this as an option in my MFD settings.
It means when you lift off there's no engine braking, full on coasting like on a manual shifting to neutral. Not a nice feeling, heavy on brakes too.

You can change the initial bite with pad material though, as some guys have suggested, I know what you mean, you wanna try a 911 on carbon ceramic if you like initial bite...f**k me they're addictive.. lol
hireedspeed, I have a t32t6 petrol auto cvelle. Brakes send you into orbit. I was interested in the bite pad material. Do you know if its effecctive in reducing the "tip in"? Ifso, do you know where to get them? I,m keeping my fingers crossed. Thanks forany advice. Mal burley

@Reedspeed46

Hi,
Looking to upgrade my tiny brakes, I’ve seen revo ones which Look ok but a bit pricey. I wondered if any know knows the fitment of the standard brakes or if you know if q7 or other vag brakes might fit?

I’ve got 20” rims so 360mm or bigger is what I’m after. I’ve read t6 callipers are different to t6.1, is this true?

Anyone able to give any pointers of what’s out there?

All interesting comments,thx,so,you reckon go airide rather than coil overs,even better than Eibach,Bilstein,KW etc ?. its a minefield ain't it ?,thing is is,I'm spending a small fortune ere,& I wanna get it right,as I will be keeping it quite a while,so do it right once,that's the theory anyrd..
No definitely not air ride ????

I have a T28 2019 and want to upgrade the brakes, have 18” wheels not standard and it looks like upgrading to larger t32 callipers is the way forward, where’s the best place to buy these and what’s the part number, my local guy says you need registration of vehicle to order the correct parts now!!

I have a T28 2019 and want to upgrade the brakes, have 18” wheels not standard and it looks like upgrading to larger t32 callipers is the way forward, where’s the best place to buy these and what’s the part number, my local guy says you need registration of vehicle to order the correct parts now!!
@CRS Performance had some in stock

Back