Big Brakes: talk to me

tbf, raising it up n downs not really as important as the way it feels & handles.
Agreed... I run coilovers for the same reason and the H&R arbs. Depending how low you want I'd say KWs for medium drop or Solows if you want to drop a lot... Do the arbs too :thumbsup:

I find the brakes on my T32 T6.1 are no where near as good as the T32 T6 style. Both big brakes but the T6.1 fades much more. My issue is I need bigger brakes, but I'm running 17s so this will be a problem or replace the standard pads for something else and do a fluid change to see if it improves them.

H&R anti roll bars are a must purchase, it improves the handling so much and stop that's horrible boat feeling when going round bends.

I find the brakes on my T32 T6.1 are no where near as good as the T32 T6 style. Both big brakes but the T6.1 fades much more. My issue is I need bigger brakes, but I'm running 17s so this will be a problem or replace the standard pads for something else and do a fluid change to see if it improves them.

H&R anti roll bars are a must purchase, it improves the handling so much and stop that's horrible boat feeling when going round bends.
Sounds like I may as well look at the lot then..

Depends if you want it to look good and have to ability to go up and down or if you want it to drive and handle good... Similar story with the brakes, T32 ones are fine, 340mm discs. The 4 pots etc do look nice though :cool:
I am on Air and I wouldn’t change them. It’s not a cheap option but then you have the best of both worlds, I can have it as low as possible when I am in the van or comfy when the family are in the van. Plus if you’re towing you can also level the rear of the van. It gives you more scope for what you are doing, off-road fully aired up is higher than the standard van.
Don’t know where you’re based but you’re more than welcome to look at my T6 T32 and see if it works for you.

Last edited:

The T32’s come with the larger ARB’s though, are the aftermarket version that much better or the same. I have mine as low as it can go to drive it and don’t suffer any wallowing of my van. In fact once I had the balls to throw the van into a corner it handles like our BM.

The T32’s come with the larger ARB’s though, are the aftermarket version that much better or the same. I have mine as low as it can go to drive it and don’t suffer any wallowing of my van. In fact once I had the balls to throw the van into a corner it handles like our BM.
I've driven a T32 on coilovers with the standard bars back to back with mine which has the H&R bars. There's a big difference. The arbs make it feel taught and controlled.

If your going that far you might as well finish the job off while it's up on the ramp :cool:

I am on Air and I wouldn’t change them. It’s not a cheap option but then you have the best of both worlds, I can have it as low as possible when I am in the van or comfy when the family are in the van. Plus if you’re towing you can also level the rear of the van. It gives you more scope for what you are doing, off-road fully aired up is higher than the standard van.
Don’t know where you’re based but you’re more than welcome to look at my T6 T32 and see if it works for you.
Thanks for that,I am in the Midlands near Sheffield.

I've driven a T32 on coilovers with the standard bars back to back with mine which has the H&R bars. There's a big difference. The arbs make it feel taught and controlled.

If your going that far you might as well finish the job off while it's up on the ramp :cool:
Off to crawl under the van now, see if mine are AM. How can you tell, the colour etc! I could be wrong, and most likely am, aren’t standard T32 ARB’s blue in colour?

Always welcome mate. You might even get some ideas to take away with you. Chipping the engine and DSG ;) :thumbsup:

Off to crawl under the van now, see if mine are AM. How can you tell, the colour etc! I could be wrong, and most likely am, aren’t standard T32 ARB’s blue in colour?
The H&Rs are a bright blue colour.

I'd imagine the oem bars being black?

Mine are blue. The air system fitting was fitted by StancedUK so I guess they did them at the same time. Happy days

What arbs & bushes are you using ,all h&r ?.

Back