best option for swivel seats

I just fitted the Jennings 30mm lower seat bases and a Sportscraft passenger swivel today and I must say a doddle to fit and very easy to use, just need to slide the seat on the rails to rotate it. Really impressed.

Big plus for the Sportscraft swivel is that it doesn't rattle or move under you at all when on the move.

Must be available if you call.........this guy had one fitted.

Comments say an eye watering £750+VAT !!!!

Still says 'Coming Soon' though. If that price is correct it's a lot of money especially (if my interpretation of the video is right) when you seem seem to lose a lot of the storage space that is available with the original base.. As I said before, that's one of the prime reasons to retain the old double seat for me - that and I don't actually find it any less comfortable than a single now that it's modified with the reclining bracket and I have an armrest on the RH side (which also provides a bit of space to stow smaller bits and pieces). Those are my views anyway but I appreciate that others will differ.

I have sportscraft swivels too, very happy with them. Only thing is the handbrake lowering (with a bit of welding it looks and works like original)

Thinking of the 2-seater bench:
Advantage of the single seats = easy to get to the front/back
Advantage of the double seat = more space to sit/hang for the co-driver

If I had a double I think I wouldn't change for single.

I did email vankraft awhile ago and they were in need of someone who could weld. Apparently they'd been advertising for a welder but no takers

Yes, that's where mine came from. I've used both types, one for a battery below and one without.
Hi Rod, I am going to have both Sportcraft swivels and will have 2 x batt and full electric system underneath (split between both). Quick question, do I need to lower the handbrake at all if i am automatic? Also do you need to use the bracket or can you just shorten? I can’t find any videos. Do you have your photos you mentioned on another post? How does it look now? Got any instructions on how to do what you have done? Thanks in advance.

I have sportscraft swivels too, very happy with them. Only thing is the handbrake lowering (with a bit of welding it looks and works like original)

Thinking of the 2-seater bench:
Advantage of the single seats = easy to get to the front/back
Advantage of the double seat = more space to sit/hang for the co-driver

If I had a double I think I wouldn't change for single.
Hi, you got a picture of how the handbrake looks please and details on what you did. Can’t find anything anywhere? Does it need to be lowered if you have an automatic?? Thank you!!! Appreciated.

I fitted two Sportscraft swivels to our van. The lowering bracket that comes with them is a bit flimsy so we replaced it with a different stronger one from a firm on ebay which also sell a plastic cover to replace the original. This is one option,the other is to move the handbrake bracket down and have it re-welded,i know that is what a few people on here have done and that way,you can use the oem handbrake cover,just depends how you want to go about itIMG_1114.PNG

If the handbrake is in the same spot it needs to be lowered.

2 options:
1. With the adapter. Works, but you can't properly fit the cover anymore (the handle cover, yes, but the base cover, no. You can 'cut-adapt' it but it will look like shit in my opinion. There's (for UK ones) a new cover available that will fit, will have a look if I can find a link...

2. Cutting-welding. If you can weld or know somebody that can, this is by far the best and nicest option, and quite easy (it seems worse than it is...). You take the base off (4 screws and 2 connectors for the seat, 2 bolts and a connector for the handbrake, and 4 bolts for the base), and after that you drill out the spot welds that keep the handbrake holder to the seat base.

After that you cut of the bottom lip (you'll know what I mean when you see it) so the handbrake holder sits level with the bottom of the base. Then weld it back on, paint it black, and put everything back together.

Now, for the handbrake base cover, you just cut off the amount of cm you lowered it, put it back on, and it looks (and feels) back like original.

(will send pics later)

Grtz

Jan

Hi Rod, I am going to have both Sportcraft swivels and will have 2 x batt and full electric system underneath (split between both). Quick question, do I need to lower the handbrake at all if i am automatic? Also do you need to use the bracket or can you just shorten? I can’t find any videos. Do you have your photos you mentioned on another post? How does it look now? Got any instructions on how to do what you have done? Thanks in advance.

Your question is well answered above, best option is to have the existing handbrake bracket moved down and forward a bit and rewelded on as described. The only small down side is that you have to reach a bit lower to pull the brake on. Once you get used to the change you won't notice it any more.

If the handbrake is in the same spot it needs to be lowered.

2 options:
1. With the adapter. Works, but you can't properly fit the cover anymore (the handle cover, yes, but the base cover, no. You can 'cut-adapt' it but it will look like shit in my opinion. There's (for UK ones) a new cover available that will fit, will have a look if I can find a link...

2. Cutting-welding. If you can weld or know somebody that can, this is by far the best and nicest option, and quite easy (it seems worse than it is...). You take the base off (4 screws and 2 connectors for the seat, 2 bolts and a connector for the handbrake, and 4 bolts for the base), and after that you drill out the spot welds that keep the handbrake holder to the seat base.

After that you cut of the bottom lip (you'll know what I mean when you see it) so the handbrake holder sits level with the bottom of the base. Then weld it back on, paint it black, and put everything back together.

Now, for the handbrake base cover, you just cut off the amount of cm you lowered it, put it back on, and it looks (and feels) back like original.

(will send pics later)

Grtz

Jan
Thank you very much for your comprehensive notes regarding this. Much appreciated. Rob

4 bolts off, 8 bolts on, really simple just make sure you disconnect the electrical connections before fully taking the seat off the base and reconnecting them before you start the van. (they are all push plugs). Kiravans video covers it really well.

We fitted the Kiravans this weekend and there is just a hint of a rock but only noticable because I was looking for it. Reading the reviews they all do this.

If they are out of stock at Kiravans and you set up an email stock alert you get 10% off.
Is it okay to unplug connectors under seat and reconnect before turning on ignition on a t6.1 ?. Am I right to assume main battery should stay connected at all times.

Back