Driver Seat Swivel, Bench Seat Fixed

benheaney88

Hi, New to the forum so hope this is in the right place. Does anyone know if you can fit a swivel base to the driver's seat but leave the passenger bench fixed? It looks like there is not a great deal of space between the drivers seat where it would swivel above the handbrake and the right hand edge of the bench seat. All the videos I have seen online show 'twin captain' seats rather than a bench - so much more space between the seats. Anyone got experience of this? Thanks.

In a word, no. I have Kiravans swivel on my bench and driver's seat. The double can swivel on its own as it doesn't spin on one spot, you push forward towards the door, then rotate 90 degrees. The driver's has to have the bench in this position to allow the seat to rotate. Then I complete the bench swivel.

In a word, no. I have Kiravans swivel on my bench and driver's seat. The double can swivel on its own as it doesn't spin on one spot, you push forward towards the door, then rotate 90 degrees. The driver's has to have the bench in this position to allow the seat to rotate. Then I complete the bench swivel.
Thanks - useful info. Further to that then when you swivel the bench do you sort of poke it out of the front door when you have shuffled it forward? I've seen some where you slide it all the way back and it gets the space to rotate by going out of the sliding door (which would not really fit with what i want to do).

I think if you Google, you can find instructions on a video where Kiravans show you the procedure. Makes it easier to envisage.

@benheaney88 I’ve added a picture to my post so you can see both seats swivelled around, I had a Kirivans double seat swivel fitted in February this year and on Saturday I fitted the Kirivans drivers seat swivel and both seats swivel nicely.
when the double was fitted it was very stiff but I sprayed the swivel plate with silicone spray and it now swivels easily.
AC4A7A77-4BD4-4A30-8C87-D335EE7E80C1.jpeg
John.

Last edited:
Thanks - useful info. Further to that then when you swivel the bench do you sort of poke it out of the front door when you have shuffled it forward? I've seen some where you slide it all the way back and it gets the space to rotate by going out of the sliding door (which would not really fit with what i want to do).

We have a Kiravans bench seat swivel. It definitely helps the process if the front door is slightly open, or if the handbrake lever is partly down.

Pete

I drive an automatic which helps, as I put it in park and can drop the handbrake with out much fear or it moving.

Hi all have a post on here does anybody know about swivel with a heater bench seat ? Possible or not
Cheers

@benheaney88 I’ve added a picture to my post so you can see both seats swivelled around, I had a Kirivans double seat swivel fitted in February this year and on Saturday I fitted the Kirivans drivers seat swivel and both seats swivel nicely.
when the double was fitted it was very stiff but I sprayed the swivel plate with silicone spray and it now swivels easily.
View attachment 174840
John.
Off topic, but where are your seat covers from?

Back