Can a factory swivel base be fitted to my current seats?

lookseehear

Hi all. We have a T6 from Vanworx which has a factory passenger swivel fitted (captain, not twin). Vanworx reupholstered both captains chairs with leather, so I'm wondering how easy it would be to 'transplant' our current driver's captains seat onto a factory swivel base to match the passenger side.

I'm not expecting to find a factory swivel base for sale on its own, but hoping if I can buy a factory swivel drivers seat I can swap our leather one over, then sell on the non swivel complete seat. Has anyone done this? Is it straightforward?

Hi all. We have a T6 from Vanworx which has a factory passenger swivel fitted (captain, not twin). Vanworx reupholstered both captains chairs with leather, so I'm wondering how easy it would be to 'transplant' our current driver's captains seat onto a factory swivel base to match the passenger side.

I'm not expecting to find a factory swivel base for sale on its own, but hoping if I can buy a factory swivel drivers seat I can swap our leather one over, then sell on the non swivel complete seat. Has anyone done this? Is it straightforward?
Yes you can swap the parts over. The seats are the same.

NW Transporter Parts always has factory swivels (with seats) listed on ebay, might be worth phoning them and asking if they can help you?

It can be done. I've done it myself as my rusty Lee swivel was like a nodding donkey. Cushion base and backrest are all the same. Just the base and all the plastics are different. Take your time. 4x bolts hold the backrest on to the base, 4x bolts for the cushion. But yes, you do loose the height adjustment.
Difficulty maybe finding a donor drivers. They usually sell in pairs or passenger.

Back