Can this be monitored using the OBD11 app?
Of course ;) - under Engine - Live Data, and select appropriate measuring "channels".
E.g.
IDE00432 Particle filter: time since last regeneration​
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated​
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured​
IDE00436 Particle filter: kilometers since last regeneration​
IDE01407 Particle filter: fuel consumption since last regeneration​
IDE06059 Particle filter: oil ash volume​
OBD11_Live_DPF.png

Last edited:
Soot level was at 29g yesterday, and I’d just changed to winter steels so plugged in Carista and went for a spin.
Last time I used Carista to trigger a regen as I was testing beta. This time I just watched. Sure enough, shortly after 30g the van just did it, so all aligns.
Had I not been watching, there is no way I would have known it was doing a regen unless I stopped the van and noticed the Revs at tick over.

Just about to order a Carista.

Will it cover multiple vehicles for one subscription? I know some of the VAG-COM tools are priced on a limited number of VINs or unlimited. SWMBO has an Octavia so would be nice to use on both.

Cheers
Ian

Just about to order a Carista.

Will it cover multiple vehicles for one subscription? I know some of the VAG-COM tools are priced on a limited number of VINs or unlimited. SWMBO has an Octavia so would be nice to use on both.

Cheers
Ian
It is not linked to VIN as VCDS is, so works with as many cars as you want.
Just check the cars are compatible on the carista website or FB.

Can I do anything mentioned in this thread with a (genuine) VCDS & hex cable?

Interested to see what my DPF is doing on m Euro 5 140 T6.

Can I do anything mentioned in this thread with a (genuine) VCDS & hex cable?

Interested to see what my DPF is doing on m Euro 5 140 T6.
Have you seen this fabulous post by @mmi ?

Soot level was at 29g yesterday, and I’d just changed to winter steels so plugged in Carista and went for a spin.
Last time I used Carista to trigger a regen as I was testing beta. This time I just watched. Sure enough, shortly after 30g the van just did it, so all aligns.
Had I not been watching, there is no way I would have known it was doing a regen unless I stopped the van and noticed the Revs at tick over.
Is this free on carista? Or is this available as part of the yearly subscription? Quite like the idea of this dpf feature. Currently have obdeleven but it has suddenly stopped working, so thinking of getting carista, but as i understand most of the features are paid for and it doesn't offer long coding like obdeleven. Trying to gauge whether it's worth getting or not :rolleyes:

Is this free on carista? Or is this available as part of the yearly subscription? Quite like the idea of this dpf feature. Currently have obdeleven but it has suddenly stopped working, so thinking of getting carista, but as i understand most of the features are paid for and it doesn't offer long coding like obdeleven. Trying to gauge whether it's worth getting or not :rolleyes:
Without a subscription you can only observe the ash level but not force the regen.

Hi, i have the hex codes for vw t6 2016. You can add them within the Torque Obd. I am using Vgate Icar Pro and works fine. Will share them with a topic If some people needs. Here is the screenshot

I ve got the codes by myself with bluetooth spoofing and calculations are correct

IMG_20220315_170925.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, i have the hex codes for vw t6 2016. You can add them within the Torque Obd. I am using Vgate Icar Pro and works fine. Will share them with a topic If some people needs. Here is the screenshot

I ve got the codes by myself with bluetooth spoofing and calculations are correct

View attachment 151134
I am sure exactly what I am looking at but I would be very interested in getting it for my van. Please start a new thread and tell us more.

Will take more pictures when i will free and share with a topic. Cause, these codes are app related and made entries to Special PIDS under Torque OBD. Also i am not sure that will work on caravelle, comfortline t6 models. I think that my car, as you now renames country by country, knows as Kombi T6(5+1(Double passenger front seat) as named City Van in my country. This i think varies models to models.

Reactions: mmi
Hi peeps, what is the VAG DPF app? How is it used, and do i need it? What is Carista?? Thanks.
Google it. Its an bluetooth interface you can plug into your van, and with the app, in the app you can play with settings, check for faults and keep an eye on things like the dpf

I have just installed an app called DPF Monitor for VAG (for iPhone), seems to do the trick and allow me to see more dpf info

Last edited:
I can smell it when it kicks off

Hi all, I’m a brand new member, my name is Baz and I have a 2016 4 motion swb camper.
I have just had a new DPF fitted by VW as it failed after just 10months! So that I can now monitor the functionality of the filter I have purchased a Carista OBD2 a new android tablet and the VAG DPF app. Having made connection despite my engine code not being on the compatible list CXEB ( I used CXXB) I can see everything except the EGR Closing % which shows nd. No data I assume? I wondered if anyone could throw any light on this please?

IMG_1911.jpeg

Reactions: CAB
Hi all, I’m a brand new member, my name is Baz and I have a 2016 4 motion swb camper.
I have just had a new DPF fitted by VW as it failed after just 10months! So that I can now monitor the functionality of the filter I have purchased a Carista OBD2 a new android tablet and the VAG DPF app. Having made connection despite my engine code not being on the compatible list CXEB ( I used CXXB) I can see everything except the EGR Closing % which shows nd. No data I assume? I wondered if anyone could throw any light on this please?

View attachment 216903

CXEB does not have low pressure EGR.

Some engine versions have two EGR circuits. The low pressure one is taken after DPF so it would be relevant from DPF monitoring point of view.

Back