Thanks Tom.
CarPlay all seems to be working without fault.
IMG_1027.png

My only criticism is is that all info doesn't fit on
one screen without scrolling.
IMG_1029.png

It would be a great feature to be able to customise what fields are shown to remove clutter, as I imagine most will simply be interested in DPF Status, Soot Mass Calculated and possibly Distance/Time Since Last Regen.

Why can't you provide a field showing "Estimated Time to Next Regen" which is calculated from the % shown in the DPF status?

EG- From the above screenshots:
DPF status is 40%, at 61.3 min, so time to next regen is ((61.3/40)x100)-61.3. so Time to Next Regen is just under 92 minutes.

It doesn't regen to 0%, more like 12%, AND regen starts before 100% AND time would depend on your speed, so maybe miles to next regen would be better, so you would have to build all that in for that feature to work effectively. Agree a feature to sort the most important info to the top would be great if doable.
Looks like @IWMTom has delivered on his promise though so hats off to you for that mate.

Thanks Tom.
CarPlay all seems to be working without fault.
View attachment 222839

My only criticism is is that all info doesn't fit on
one screen without scrolling.
View attachment 222840

It would be a great feature to be able to customise what fields are shown to remove clutter, as I imagine most will simply be interested in DPF Status, Soot Mass Calculated and possibly Distance/Time Since Last Regen.

Why can't you provide a field showing "Estimated Time to Next Regen" which is calculated from the % shown in the DPF status?

EG- From the above screenshots:
DPF status is 40%, at 61.3 min, so time to next regen is ((61.3/40)x100)-61.3. so Time to Next Regen is just under 92 minutes.
It's certainly an interesting point. Somebody else raised some feedback in the earlier phase of moving sensor input up and distance/time down!

Certainly seems like customisation is in order

Estimated time to regen is also interesting. The ECUs calculations are a little bit more nuanced than simple extrapolation of distance/time. A rudimentary field could be added I suppose, and we can see how reliable it is?

It doesn't regen to 0%, more like 12%, AND regen starts before 100% AND time would depend on your speed, so maybe miles to next regen would be better, so you would have to build all that in for that feature to work effectively. Agree a feature to sort the most important info to the top would be great if doable.
Looks like @IWMTom has delivered on his promise though so hats off to you for that mate.
Thank you :)

Obsoletely! @IWMTom has been consistently brilliant in putting together a useful app at nominal cost. The CarPlay function is definitely a major improvement which has been delivered before the end of the year as promised. Good work Tom. Thank you for your efforts.

Hi @IWMTom I'm using your paid for app but if you need any more Beta testers fire me a link. Looking forward to the carplay update tbf as I'm so short sighted I hate squinting at my phone !

I'm steadily updating the DPF Monitor for VAG website with information to help explain what some of the data means, but also help guide users to new features. Is there anything you folks would like to see?

I'm steadily updating the DPF Monitor for VAG website with information to help explain what some of the data means, but also help guide users to new features. Is there anything you folks would like to see?
Nothing to do with the website but I selected the wrong engine code initially. Had to delete and re-install to select the correct one as no facility to change in the settings. Might be handy (on the website) for noobs like me to indicate where they can find their correct engine code as well. Also as I mentioned before I’m half blind so have everything on my phone set very large which unfortunately messes with your formatting on the iOS app. Absolutely fine in CarPlay though. Great job

I would also love to test the CarPlay update if possible, especially on some long trips I have over Xmas.

Nothing to do with the website but I selected the wrong engine code initially. Had to delete and re-install to select the correct one as no facility to change in the settings. Might be handy (on the website) for noobs like me to indicate where they can find their correct engine code as well. Also as I mentioned before I’m half blind so have everything on my phone set very large which unfortunately messes with your formatting on the iOS app. Absolutely fine in CarPlay though. Great job
You can change your engine group in the Settings menu of the app.

Thanks for the feedback.

Back