Bedding - which do you use?

Yep, very pleased with them - had them for nearly 2 years now and spent around 100 nights in them - initially under canvas on camp beds but most on the RIB in our camper. If they ever wear out or go flat we would definitely replace with the same.

Thanks Davenjo .Will be ordering them soon :thumbsup: going for conversion end of March :D

View attachment 17451 Hi there, yes they are standard I think, 4cm thickness. We’re over the moon with them, bit pricey but same old adage, you get what you pay for and sleep is definitely worth a few bob extra. Good luck with your conversion. Just been to York in ours, brill!!!!!!

Next purchase for us is going to be a Driveaway awning - looking at the Khyam compact 200 or possibly the Outdoor Revolution T2. The main thing is we need one that is quick and easy to erect and doesn’t take up to much room - any advice would be greatly appreciated.

View attachment 17451 Hi there, yes they are standard I think, 4cm thickness. We’re over the moon with them, bit pricey but same old adage, you get what you pay for and sleep is definitely worth a few bob extra. Good luck with your conversion. Just been to York in ours, brill!!!!!!

Thanks Debra good to know thing like thickness oh and we are thinking about a driveaway awning as well will keep an eye to see what you get and how good you rate it :thumbsup: thanks again.

I created a thread asking for advice and have had lots already - wont be going for the Khyam now, a vango or outdoor revolution are sounding better - will keep you posted.

I just bought one of these, thinking of my bad back I stupidly went for the 10cm version.
Very comfy, but I cant see how anyone can single-handedly deflate one of these enough to fit its carry-sack.... its a real struggle... <snip>...
Just to say that outdoorvalue refunded me for the 10cm version and I ordered a replacement 5cm from them (as recommended by Buggirl). They were very good about the whole swap thing, even refunded my original postage, in 17 years its the only ebay item I've ever needed to return!
The 5cm version is spot on, still very comfy but no need to call Geoff Capes to fold it up ;)
Cheers
Phil

Last edited by a moderator:
Have just ordered 2 new Duvalay sleeping bags at the NEC . Duvalay have a stand there really helpful and good price :) thanks everyone for the advice :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Has anyone replaced the sca mattress with a memory foam topper successfully. I’m thinking of buying same depth as the foam mattress it comes with but worried if density prevents top from closing properly?

Has anyone replaced the sca mattress with a memory foam topper successfully. I’m thinking of buying same depth as the foam mattress it comes with but worried if density prevents top from closing properly?
Are you struggling with the SCA mattress then? Not slept up there myself yet but it feels quite comfortable and my son never complains?

So long as the replacement is the same depth then I don't think you will have problems but there is no room for anymore, i.e. I was hoping to be able to leave a sleeping bag up there but wouldn't now.

Received our Duvalay 2.5 topper today after recommendations from here, thanks folks, think 2.5 should be enough for us on reverse side of RIB.

Received our Duvalay 2.5 topper today after recommendations from here, thanks folks, think 2.5 should be enough for us on reverse side of RIB.
Let us know how you get on - we have 4cm Duvalay Sleeping bags which are brilliant on our RIB but if your 2.5cm topper gives good results then we would consider the thinner sleeping bags next time.

Let us know how you get on - we have 4cm Duvalay Sleeping bags which are brilliant on our RIB but if your 2.5cm topper gives good results then we would consider the thinner sleeping bags next time.

Will do, we'll be using it end of next week for 5 nights so should be a good test:thumbsup:

I have a SCA bed with its integral mattress.
We found it quite hard for our old bones!
So we bought the duvalay topper.
If you replace same depth then the roof should close just as easy.
We just roll it up in day and store behind drivers door.
Having the SCA mattress and the topper makes it v comfy.
Would be good to store up top but not to be!

Have just ordered 2 new Duvalay sleeping bags at the NEC . Duvalay have a stand there really helpful and good price :) thanks everyone for the advice :thumbsup:

Snap, we went for the 2.5cm ‘compact’ version to fit our 112 RIB. Good price including storage bags and free delivery. Just need the van now!

I'm about to get my camper from the conversion company.
I'm after a 2.5 duvaly topper as the sleeping surface will be leather. We have lots of sleeping bag already so will use those rather than the combined topper and duvet.
Those of you with VW Cali beds mine is a standard two seater to allow for the side conversion - what width duvalay did you go for?

Back