Battery voltage 12.02 after 2 days of standing (ok its been cold)

TBH- that plot looks fine to me,

not dropping below 12.0v

so in regards too:
I have noticed though that it will struggle to start from time to time regardless of the charge, but very intermittent and random.

it might be worth keeping an eye on the starter motor.

any chance you can get a vid clip of the van starting? - maybe from under the van or engine bay?

then post a link to that video?

volt drop could also be an issue, main engine ground cables ar known to corrode. ( can be tested with a jump lead from engine block to battery neg post)

yeh, that does sound a bit laboured or slow.

so id be looking at the main feed to the starter motor or the state motor itself.

assuming that the starter battery is good. ( you can test that by using jump leads or a boost pack to jumpstart the van alongside the starter battery)

dont forget that even if the starter battery shows good voltage, that doesnt mean it can deliver the current the starter needs.

+++

so im thinking:

starter battery,

main feed cables +/- for starter motor

starter motor itself

+++

keep us posted - id be interested to see what it pans out to be, . . . . .

Hey @Dellmassive So i haven't had a chance to carry out the tests as suggested. However the battery is pretty depleted, so went ahead and started to charge the battery once again. After 4 and bit hours of charging, i went to start the van, and it would hardly turn over!? .. super odd.. think hows this? I check the various apps to try and figure out whats going on, so started with Victron charger. Sure enough Victron stated that it had charge 4.4 and maintained 6ah, so then checked BM2 device but that looks as if the battery had been depleted!? Instead of connecting directly to the battery terminals , I connected on to a bolt in the engine bay and the other to the positive terminal.. I then plugged in the victron charger and it stated it had gone to absorption charging even though it was not connected to anything? - i am not sure what is going on. I guess:
a) is the victron charger broke?
b)is the battery broke
c)is the battery incorrectly earthed to the van?
d) am i missing anything

the BM2 image, the spike is when i moved my van to work on it prior to charging. the massive voltage drop at the end, is me trying to start the van

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated
Cheers
Daniel

p.s please see attached images
image1 (1).jpegimage0.png
image2.png

Back