phil_n

T6 Pro
I'm currently putting a split charge system into my van and am going to mount the battery undercthe passenger seat.

Has anyone any photos of how they've secured this? I don't fancy drilling any holes if I can negate it.

Regards

We do a simple battery fitting kit, the picture also shows mounting of mains consumer unit and 12 volt fuse box. Which charging system do you plan to fit? travelvolts20170405_111914.jpg

On a vehicle with a smart alternator
A dc dc charger is the way to go on a T6 or the leisure batt will never charge properly

Hi all, could anyone advise how I would fir the retaining bars over my leisure battery under the front single passenger seat please? Do I need to drill holes for the bars? Searched online but can 't find anything. Thanks in advance.

Leisure Battery Bracket.jpg

@travelvolts has some details here.

https://www.travelvolts.net/

https://www.travelvolts.net/product-page/battery-fitting-kit

https://docs.wixstatic.com/ugd/d959f6_9cddb106f8454a58a9d01eb89a09be29.pdf

Come join #ClubVIP - VIP Membership | VW T6 Forum - The Dedicated VW Transporter T6 Forum

re:

Battery Hold Down Bracket.

Fitting Instructions

This kit is designed for universal applications, however, if you, like many people, are planning to fit the battery under a front seat then we supply the rods at around 200 mm for a low height battery such as the DC95L or Xtreme 110 AGM on its side. Different batteries and different seat bases may require different measurements. Please check first with battery in situ. On the T5 it makes life easier if you remove the bottom 25 mm from the vertical rib on the handbrake side of the seat base. This will allow the foot of the battery to sit on the edge of the seat base giving more room for the rods. (DC95L only)

DC95L and other brands. Once you have test fitted the battery you will be able to see where you need to drill the holes in the seat base bottom flange. When you have drilled the holes pass the hooked rods through. Place the angle bar across the battery and over the rods. On a T4 it is necessary to place the bar diagonally across the battery. Be careful to avoid getting too close to the battery + terminal. Fit the nuts and secure with a 10 mm spanner. Do not over tighten the nuts.

22.JPG

Hi all,

It probably has been mentioned on here before but I cannot find any links lol
I am going to fit a leisure battery to my T6 underneath the driver seat and i am looking for a secure bracket etc to stop the battery from moving and possibly with a cover
There is only a couple on ebay but I am hearing that they are not that good so I am asking as to what the people on here have done to secure it in place
I am also going to fit the ctek charger to suit my T6 along with a 110 amp battery hopefully in the same space,

Any help will be great Thanks

Look on here for travel volts posts and on his web site. Hefoesa simple clamp that attaches to the seat base and has an angle piece across the battery to stop it moving. I have fitted it and the battery has t moved at all.

Look on here for travel volts posts and on his web site. Hefoesa simple clamp that attaches to the seat base and has an angle piece across the battery to stop it moving. I have fitted it and the battery has t moved at all.
Hi Stantman Thanks for that I will check it out Regards NE

I built a box for it, riveted a flat plate to the bottom of the seat frame and bolted two plates for the vertical parts, then used a strap over the top of the battery to hold it down (riveted each end to the frame)IMG20190428191415.jpg

Yep, same for me, used this clamp when I installed mine 5 months ago, no issues at all.

TBH with the advice and help I was given by @travelvolts I'd make him my go to for anything else electrical related now!

Just jumping on this one. I have been given this battery by my friend as he bought it earlier in the year but never used it. The plan is to have it under my T6 drivers seat. I think i have 200mm to play with, but wanted to check if people think it would fit?

1587660395769.png

Last edited:
Back