Barn door leaking at top

banksey88

Hi,

I have a water leaking into the van from the top centre of the barn doors. Both seals have been replaced but the leak still persists.

I’m suspecting it could be a door alignment issue and a garage have advised I need to go to a body shop.

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar issue and how it can be rectified?

Didn’t cross my mind that it could be the brake lights, however checked this today and fairly confident it’s not that. The water definitely looks to be coming through the barn door seal.

Get someone to hose the van so the water is running off like the rain wile your inside the van.. it usually doesn’t take long to find the leak

Reactions: DXX
It happened to ours last week. First and last time (well it hasn’t been in the rain since). I put it down to door not closed tight, but don’t really know and will have to keep a check on it.

I’m having this exact issues, did you ever confirm the source of the leak?
Yes I ended up taking it to a VW approved body shop, they looked at the door alignment for me and replaced the bolts on my hinges as they were none standard. They checked all gaps between the doors were in tolerance etc.

After this, I have to make sure my left hand door is shut hard and water doesn’t come in anymore. If I don’t shut it hard, I still get it coming in.

I also put some silicone at the top edge of the seal on the right hand door, think this helped stop water getting down the back of the seal.

the barn door rubbers have bungs inside the rubber to stop doors crushing the seals. Make sure these are at the top where the locks are, you will need to feel them as you cant see them. Also the door locks can be adjusted to meke doors lock tighter or looser depening on rubber. Cheers

Back