Back in a Transporter (hopefully)

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hopefully scraped enough to money to trade in the car and buy another Transporter. I (stupidly) took advantage of the crazy trade in price of my last T6 in March 2021 - sold to WBAV for £5k more than I’d paid for it 2.5 years earlier. But I’ve regretted it bitterly ever since and I just can’t wait much longer as spring/summer is marching on.

Forecourt prices are very high, choice is low and px prices are almost back to pre-COVID which isn’t helpful - but I think I’ve found one within budget.

May 2019 T6 DSG KombI, but…..

1. It has a tow bar
2. It has done 25k in 3 years

Would either of these things trouble you? Mileage is just less than average for a 3 year old van and the tow bar could either be a benefit or a problem.

Last edited:
Personally both are a bonus, towbar could be handy, and im sure it could be removed if not your thing.
The milage is not massively low, i would say this is a good thing its not been stacking up miles. Maybe try and find out its previous use etc and might give you a better idea

Personally both are a bonus, towbar could be handy, and im sure it could be removed if not your thing.
The milage is not massively low, i would say this is a good thing its not been stacking up miles. Maybe try and find out its previous use etc and might give you a better idea
Thanks for the reply.

Just hoping that it hasn’t been dragging round a massive trailer for all of those miles. I wouldn’t fit one myself but could come in handy - might be a detachable swan neck but can’t see from the pics,

Agree the mileage is just under average so likely not been all clocked up by hammering it all in a year.
It‘s a one owner van too.

Hoping to get along to see it tomorrow afternoon if it’s not sold during the morning :confused:

Hopefully scraped enough to money to trade in the car and buy another Transporter. I (stupidly) took advantage of the crazy trade in price of my last T6 in March 2021 - sold to WBAV for £5k more than I’d paid for it 2.5 years earlier. But I’ve regretted it bitterly ever since and I just can’t wait much longer as spring/summer is marching on.

Forecourt prices are very high, choice is low and px prices are almost back to pre-COVID - but I think I’ve found one within budget.

May 2019 T6 DSG KombI, but…..

1. It has a tow bar
2. It has done 25k in 3 years

Would either of these things trouble you? Mileage is just less than average for a 3 year old van and the tow bar could either be a benefit or a problem.
More importantly, is it Reflex Silver?:cool:

So, I reserved the van online for a refundable £99 last night. Got paranoid and didn‘t want to miss this one by being pipped to the post today as there are virtually no low mileage SWB DSG T6s at ‘local’ main dealers and 12-18 month old DSG T6.1s, that seem more plentiful, are just out of budget :confused:

Visited the dealership this afternoon to see it in the flesh and drive it.

It is 3 years old virtually to the day, has had a second service and first MOT in the last few weeks and has done 25k. One local owner who apparently has bought several vans from them and traded this in for a crafter.

Exterior was dent free, there are a few 1-3cm minor scratches around it and the passenger side had been rubbed down some bushes or leaves which was more obvious as it is black. Couple of chips on the bonnet and a selection of swirls about the place. Will need a good session with the compound and mop. The rear bumper will also need a load lip cover as a couple of small gouges.

Exterior I’d say was 8.5/10.

Interior was really very clean, has cab carpet with rubber mats, comfort dash, heated seats and a Composition media head unit with CarPlay (which I checked was activated with my phone and a lightning cable). Going for a Kombi rather than a panel van this time makes me think it is a huge bonus as I converted my last one from a PV into a Kombi and didn’t enjoy doing the windows or dropping the fuel tank.

Interior was 9.5/10 - dropping half a point due to the rear inner arches being a little scuffed/scratched - which I will be covering with deadening and carpet.

Drives really well and just like my lower mileage T6 140 DSG did.

There was some confusion (on their part) about whether the advertised price was plus or including vat. It turned out that it was inc VAT - plus would have made it seriously overpriced!

And my trade-in didn’t show up on their HPI check as I only swapped back to the original registration yesterday afternoon so assume HPI systems hadn’t quite caught up. So I have no idea yet how much they might be offering me - will find out tomorrow so sleepless night for me tonight lol.

Felt great to be back in a transporter - hope this turns out to be the one :thumbsup:

7208DA89-B4F3-480A-8901-600E498E391E.jpg

Plans include:

Paint correction
Alloys 19 or 20s
Suspension - leaning toward STX
Sound deaden and carpet line rear
Swivel passenger seat
Cranked leg round table
Black out the badges/chrome
Tint the rear and side windows more than the factory tint
Retro fit a tailgate reversing camera
Front splitter/maybe sportline
Headlights

Last edited:
So, I reserved the van online for a refundable £99 last night. Got paranoid and didn‘t want to miss this one by being pipped to the post today as there are virtually no low mileage SWB DSG T6s at ‘local’ main dealers and 12-18 month old DSG T6.1s, that seem more plentiful, are just out of budget :confused:

Visited the dealership this afternoon to see it in the flesh and drive it.

It is 3 years old virtually to the day, has had a second service and first MOT in the last few weeks and has done 25k. One local owner who apparently has bought several vans from them and traded this in for a crafter.

Exterior was dent free, there are a few 1-3cm minor scratches around it and the passenger side had been rubbed down some bushes or leaves which was more obvious as it is black. Couple of chips on the bonnet and a selection of swirls about the place. Will need a good session with the compound and mop. The rear bumper will also need a load lip cover as a couple of small gouges.

Exterior I’d say was 8.5/10.

Interior was really very clean, has cab carpet with rubber mats, comfort dash and a discover media head unit with CarPlay (which I checked was activated with my phone and a lightning cable). Going for a Kombi rather than a panel van this time makes me think it is a huge bonus as I converted my last one from a PV into a Kombi and didn’t enjoy doing the windows or dropping the fuel tank.

Interior was 9.5/10 - dropping half a point due to the rear inner arches being a little scuffed/scratched - which I will be covering with deadening and carpet.

Drives really well and just like my lower mileage T6 140 DSG did.

There was some confusion (on their part) about whether the advertised price was plus or including vat. It turned out that it was inc VAT - plus would have made it seriously overpriced!

And my trade-in didn’t show up on their HPI check as I only swapped back to the original registration yesterday afternoon so assume HPI systems hadn’t quite caught up. So I have no idea yet how much they might be offering me - will find out tomorrow so sleepless night for me tonight lol.

Felt great to be back in a transporter - hope this turns out to be the one :thumbsup:

View attachment 159501

Plans include:

Paint correction
Alloys 19 or 20s
Suspension - leaning toward STX
Sound deaden and carpet line rear
Swivel passenger seat
Cranked leg round table
Black out the badges/chrome
Tint the rear and side windows more than the factory tint
Retro fit a tailgate reversing camera
Front splitter/maybe sportline
Nice one!
You forgot to add new headlights to your plans ;)

Update: I've bought it :cool:

Van is now going to the workshop for its 'approved used inspection' as it had only just come in and been advertised and then to the bodyshop for a machine polish all around so that will save me a job.

Got a decent trade in but absolutely nothing off the screen price - they know they're in the driving seat so to speak with the current market demand for used stock/new vans being unavailable.

ETA early next week so no sleep for me til then :sleep:

Van is now going to the workshop for its 'approved used inspection' as it had only just come in and been advertised and then to the bodyshop for a machine polish all around so that will save me a job.

Got a decent trade in but absolutely nothing off the screen price - they know they're in the driving seat so to speak with the current market demand for used stock/new vans being unavailable.

great news, knew you would buy it well done!

Just make sure you tell VW not to wash it as part of their 'prep' or the body shop will have even more work to do!

look forward to the 'new van' pics!

Happy days. Bet you can’t wait to get started.
Oh and title amended!

I also had this situation of buying mine before the approved used inspection
2new tyres
New discs and pads all round
After they pulled van off ramp clutch hit the floor so ended up having new slave and master cylinder plus new clutch £1600 worth of work
Obviously all for free as not been inspected before sale

I also had this situation of buying mine before the approved used inspection
2new tyres
New discs and pads all round
After they pulled van off ramp clutch hit the floor so ended up having new slave and master cylinder plus new clutch £1600 worth of work
Obviously all for free as not been inspected before sale
Well at least it got sorted before you got it!

Back