Back in the game… or not… maybe, or definitely

t6blo

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Hey everyone, thinking of getting another T6.

Had a 2016 T6 for 2 1/2 years, and then I sold it in March this year to WBAV for £5k more than I paid for it - you could say I got greedy and cashed in due to COVID/brexit or whatever but I also fancied a change because as much as I loved it, the van was sitting on the driveway all week due to working from home and it was only getting used once at the weekend. A previous oil leak that was fixed under warranty had returned so another reason why I decided to move it on.

Went from the T6 to an F56 Mini JCW and banked the difference and I’ve had it about 7 months - although it has been fun, I still gaze longingly at every transporter that taunts me wherever I go! I’ve also concluded I am too fat and old to bend myself up to get in and out any longer :think smile bounce:

Thoughts and musings…

1. My previous van was a Euro 5 140 Highline DSG T6 so I’ve never experienced Ad-blu - does it cause problems?
  2. I don’t like the 6.1 for a couple of reasons - no footrest and no manual shifting in the DSG so I’d be looking at DSG T6 vans between 2016-2019 am I right to be wary of the 204s? Biturbo? if so will probably go for a 150.
  3. Must be SWB as I’m not intending to sleep in it, as I didn’t in the last one, it will be a picnic bus and somewhere to get changed/make a cuppa after a walk/bike ride.
  4. Are all vans still rocketing in price or are they levelling off due to winter/off-season?
  5. Last one was a panel van that I kombi’d myself (single passenger seat, Kombi bench, side window) but this time around I might just go for a Kombi from factory and save some hassle.
Using man maths, I’m going to need to add £10k to my mini px, plus the difference I banked and I should be able to get a nice low mileage late T6 that is approx 3 years newer than the last one - am I bonkers?

If you're not going to be using it much have you considered a TSI? I love mine and I've yet to here of any problems with them. Also who doesn't want a 300bhp van?

Finding the right van in your budget with less than 150k will be the problem I guess.
Whilst I’m only looking at online photos rather than standing in front of the thing, there are several in budget and with decent miles so I don’t think I’m being unrealistic but agree, probably paying over the odds

If you're not going to be using it much have you considered a TSI? I love mine and I've yet to here of any problems with them. Also who doesn't want a 300bhp van?
The unicorn of the T6 ;)
Doubt I’ll find one to be honest - only 2 on autotrader and both over budget

The unicorn of the T6 ;)
Doubt I’ll find one to be honest - only 2 on autotrader and both over budget

Looks nice, but it about 10k more than it would have been new 3 years ago!

It seems the 150 TSi manual box is much more reasonably priced as it is a Trendline and there are 12 of them on autotrader. Shame I want a DSG which only came on the 204 Highlines and are like overpriced rocking horse sh1te

To be honest I think any van you buy at present will be over valued compared to pre-covid prices, its going to be interesting to see whether values will hold or will a glut of vans coming on to the market over the next few years push prices down? Put the effort in sniffing out a good deal now with the intention of selling up in the spring could still net a profit I reckon and if you don't want to sell by then you'd know for certain a T6 is the vehicle for you.

Back