Back Heavy and Poor Traction

Unfortunately VW give no indication or index of the weight ranges so it’s very difficult to tell exactly what’s what

This whole thing seems to have been made much more complicated by VW than it needs to be.

Reading back through this thread (see page 5) my guess would be that whereas you currently have "1BA - Standard Suspension" @Fish will have either "1BH = Suspension/shock absorption standard 2" or "2MK = Reinforced rear suspension" - if my understanding is correct there as 2 or 3 ranges of suspension from standard to heavy duty and, for example, a OYB with 1BA 2 rows above is not the same as a OYB with a 2MK above, consequenty, whilst the offered springs from his T32 only appear to be 1 weight up in the range, I think the "2MK reinforced rear suspension" or "1BH standard 2" is what will make the biggest difference.

That said, I'm also guessing that the reinforced element may be the result of heavier duty dampers, in which case they (OYC springs) probably wouldn't be enough to fix your problem??

I’m happy to revisit this if people want to supply VIN numbers and compare spring weights/part numbers between different weight vans

I’m happy to revisit this if people want to supply VIN numbers and compare spring weights/part numbers between different weight vans
I will give you a call when im back in the UK mate.

Just had new springs fitted by Hillside. Ride is definitely better, smoother less rolling.. But height at rear only looks marginally higher. Our van was T28 new springs T32? Just looked at springs and looks like 4 yellow paint marks on them, are these T 32. I am a little confused now.

The springs that came off of my T30 have 4 yellow paint marks (see page 4 of this thread).

If you put a picture of your build sticker on here (below your steering wheel and/or inside your manual) someone (probably not me as sat by a pool in Greece for the next few days :) ) will be able to help you interpret what your van started with and advise if it’s worth trying anything else.

Back