Awesome 3-in-1 Battery Bank - How I done It -

Hold on old boy, I asked this question last week and never got a reply :whistle:
Apart from 12v socket how else could you quick charge in the van, old chap.
hi @Blitz

I specifically replied to you.... at great length.

Best way is USB-c PD and lead.... to charge from the 12v socket in van.

See here...

@Dellmassive. Good Lord so you did, thousand apologies. Just skimmed it first time round, not realising what the usb sockets were. Only just getting used to the existence of these quick charging USB PD, not currently got anything with a socket to shove one in :thumbsdown:

ForumFest 2020 is over > Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September.

so its time to repoort on the battery pack.

we took both the ALLPOWERS 372,

one was used to run the DiscoTent all night, the second one was used to run moble USB charging and also used on the setup to blow up the airbeam tent and airbeds etc . . .

1600331245550.png

once onsite we used the 12v outlet for the 12v airbeam pump.

1600331360019.png

and the 12v airbeds . . .

1600331394305.png

plus standard USB charging etc . . .

1600331423758.png

The other unit was used to power all this . . .

1600331493956.png

1600331514819.png

we used the 240v outet,

connected to a 4way power lead.

That run the:
JBL speaker,
2x lots of 500 LED strings
2x DJ Disco lights
1x phone charge for the music

1600331548567.png

from full charged the unit gave an extimated run time of 6hrs, which was enough to take us from 6pm till midnight.

The following day the unit was normally arounf 10% full,

to recharge it it put it in the van and connected to a 60w USB-C 12v charger plkugged inb to the top dash socket,

that socket is fed from the AUX battery under the seat . . .

5hours later the ALLPOWERS was fully charged ready for the next night.

USB charger and lead linked above.

this is the effect of the leisure battery (xtreame AGM 110ah) on the recharge on the days after . . .

1600332022824.png

1600332036562.png

1600332070960.png

What is the Ah rating at 12V for the Allpowers pack? Wondering what size of them you'd need to then be comparable to a good size leisure battery?

Also, can they be used pass through style? i.e. taking a charge from the van while driving, and at the same time charging up a phone or running an electric cool box

What is the Ah rating at 12V for the Allpowers pack? Wondering what size of them you'd need to then be comparable to a good size leisure battery?
- about 31ah @ 12v dc . . . . .ish i believe

the 100500mah comes from the internal 18650 cells . . . which is 8x4cells i believe @ 3.7v each

100500ma divided by 32 cells is around 3000ma each cell

w=v*a

so 3.7v * 100500ma = 372w or 372Wh

so 372wh divided by 12v = 31Ah

Convert Watt hour to Amp hour (Wh to Ah)
Insert Watts-hour (Wh) and voltage (V) below and click on Calculate to obtain Amp-hours (Ah). Formula is (Wh)/(V) =(Ah). For example, if you have a 372Wh battery rated at 12V, the current is 372Wh / 12V = 31Ah.

Last edited:
Also, can they be used pass through style? i.e. taking a charge from the van while driving, and at the same time charging up a phone or running an electric cool box

- Yes, the display on the front will show you the net result of charge/discharge>

Great stuff, thanks Dell. I guess a big one is needed if it was to get anywhere near being comparable with a decent leisure battery. I saw a 1000Wh version but doesn't actually seem to be available

1000wh is still in development stage.

a 666wh was available a while ago, . . . but missing now?

there is the Hyundai HPS-1100 . . . . but its pricey . .

failing that . . . .

you can make your own . . . .

138ah Lithium here for £305 - For Sale - Valence U27-12XP Series 12V 138ah Lifepo4 Battery

and put in your own box - 12v Lithium Leisure Battery Box 138Ah 1766Wh -- How I Done It --

then just add your own inverter or whatever . . .

Could you use one of the largest allpowers, to hook up a whole van to charge up the leisure battery While completely off grid?
Or would you just gain just an extra day or two?
Assuming that you just wanted to run LED lights and the usual small dometic fridge And not hair dryers and kettles.

Could you use one of the largest allpowers, to hook up a whole van to charge up the leisure battery While completely off grid?
Or would you just gain just an extra day or two?
Assuming that you just wanted to run LED lights and the usual small dometic fridge And not hair dryers and kettles.
if off grid . . . you would just gain the WH capacity of the ALLPOWERS, minus the charger losses. . . . if just using it alone.

if it was summer and you had solar hooked in it would run longer . . . .

having said that running just LEDS then it would last for ages . . .

as for the small domestic fridge . . . . that depends on what type of fridge . .

The ubiquitous Dometic fridge. I think it is the CR 50.
just running that with LED lights and a 120 W solar set up but off grid, but the problem is.... in winter, under trees, ( so I’m assuming the solar wouldn’t be doing much anyway.)

By the way.....how do you change the job description below my name? I am not really a....ahem....social justice influencer

The ubiquitous Dometic fridge. I think it is the CR 50.
just running that with LED lights and a 120 W solar set up but off grid, but the problem is.... in winter, under trees, ( so I’m assuming the solar wouldn’t be doing much anyway.)
Nope . . . . solar yield in the UK atm with the cloud cover is very poor . . . (DEC 2020)

1609323199937.png

you`re better off taking a spare battery or two with you. ( ie a 100ah AGM Leisure battery) to swap out when yours is low . .

or even two spare batteries . . . . depending on how long you are off grid.

another option is to get/build a mobile battery box to run alongside the main leisure battery . . . . Like this . . (but just use a AGM instead of Lipepo4)

another cheap easy option . . .but takes up space it to take a small suitcase generator with you . . . use that with a decent 10A or above battery charger to recharge the battery bank during the day . . . you may nee to run the genny for 4 or more hours to put a decent charge back in the battery bank.

i have a Honda EU10i (1000w) which is awsome . . . (and a NOCO 15A or 15A Victron charger)

but have a look at this example . . .

1609323663966.png

more details here:

Last edited:
By the way.....how do you change the job description below my name? I am not really a....ahem....social justice influencer
click on your Avatar name . . . the the edit cog.

ForumFest 2020 is over > Forumfest 10-11-12-13 of September.

so its time to repoort on the battery pack.

we took both the ALLPOWERS 372,

one was used to run the DiscoTent all night, the second one was used to run moble USB charging and also used on the setup to blow up the airbeam tent and airbeds etc . . .

View attachment 85356

once onsite we used the 12v outlet for the 12v airbeam pump.

View attachment 85357

and the 12v airbeds . . .

View attachment 85358

plus standard USB charging etc . . .

View attachment 85359

The other unit was used to power all this . . .

View attachment 85360

View attachment 85361

we used the 240v outet,

connected to a 4way power lead.

That run the:
JBL speaker,
2x lots of 500 LED strings
2x DJ Disco lights
1x phone charge for the music

View attachment 85362

from full charged the unit gave an extimated run time of 6hrs, which was enough to take us from 6pm till midnight.

The following day the unit was normally arounf 10% full,

to recharge it it put it in the van and connected to a 60w USB-C 12v charger plkugged inb to the top dash socket,

that socket is fed from the AUX battery under the seat . . .

5hours later the ALLPOWERS was fully charged ready for the next night.

USB charger and lead linked above.

this is the effect of the leisure battery (xtreame AGM 110ah) on the recharge on the days after . . .

View attachment 85364

View attachment 85365

View attachment 85366
@Dellmassive Have you had any issues with the Allpowers 372wh not switching off? Mine won’t switch off, charge devices from the type c port or charge its self via mains on this port. It worked for weeks fine, but I haven’t used it for a couple of
- Yes, the display on the front will show you the net result of charge/discharge>

@Dellmassive Do you know how to reset the Allpowers 372wh? Mine is stuck on and I can’t power it down or reset it. Cheers, Ian

I did have one of mine lockup once..

From memory I plugged in a device and run it totally flat..... 0% then it switched off.

Then then next day charged it up fully and all was good.

Try that first.

×××

Another option is to take the 2x blade fuses out, they are behind the small cover on the front... take out the 2x small screws and use long nose pilers to take them both out.

Wait 30sec then put them back in... (you will get a pop when you put them back, that normal)

Xxx

There maybe a press and hold button reset.... I'm not sure. (Think I see something on a YT vid before)

$$$

I've had them open to see whats inside...you can disconnect the battery pack from the BMS and top pcb.... but thats a last resort and not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

$$$

Keep us posted

I did have one of mine lockup once..

From memory I plugged in a device and run it totally flat..... 0% then it switched off.

Then then next day charged it up fully and all was good.

Try that first.

×××

Another option is to take the 2x blade fuses out, they are behind the small cover on the front... take out the 2x small screws and use long nose pilers to take them both out.

Wait 30sec then put them back in... (you will get a pop when you put them back, that normal)

Xxx

There maybe a press and hold button reset.... I'm not sure. (Think I see something on a YT vid before)

$$$

I've had them open to see whats inside...you can disconnect the battery pack from the BMS and top pcb.... but thats a last resort and not recommended unless you know what you are doing.

$$$
I’ll try running it flat, and see what happens. The A/C sockets are working fine, just not the type c. Tried to charge the unit via the type c and I got zero input. Not getting any output from it either. Worked perfectly up until now.... haven‘t used it in a couple of months so maybe I’ve freaked it out :) Thanks for the tips! Ian

Hi @Dellmassive. Thanks again for a great “How To”.

As I have had no interest in my Lithium battery that I was trying to sell, I am thinking of building a battery box like yours. The portability would work as I have the T6 and a motorhome. The motorhome has an all in one controller for the electrics that I don’t want to play around with, but what I would like the option of doing is to charge up the AGM battery in the MoHo from my Lithium battery box. Would a Victron Orion be the right addition for this? Looking at the settings, it seems it can do this. What this would mean is that when on hook up we can charge both batteries, then when off grid, if the built in AGM battery is low, I can top up from the battery box. Is the output from the Lithium battery with no alternator enough to drive the Orion to charge the AGM?

More efficient than inverting from the lithium to 230v to run through a mains charger?

Thanks

Hi @Dellmassive. Thanks again for a great “How To”.

As I have had no interest in my Lithium battery that I was trying to sell, I am thinking of building a battery box like yours. The portability would work as I have the T6 and a motorhome. The motorhome has an all in one controller for the electrics that I don’t want to play around with, but what I would like the option of doing is to charge up the AGM battery in the MoHo from my Lithium battery box. Would a Victron Orion be the right addition for this? Looking at the settings, it seems it can do this. What this would mean is that when on hook up we can charge both batteries, then when off grid, if the built in AGM battery is low, I can top up from the battery box. Is the output from the Lithium battery with no alternator enough to drive the Orion to charge the AGM?

More efficient than inverting from the lithium to 230v to run through a mains charger?

Thanks
yes, a dc-dc charger would do the job.

this is the battery box thread over here :

Back