Awesome 3-in-1 Battery Bank - How I done It -

Check this bad boy out. Whilst not designed for fridges full of beer, by my calculations you could keep ya Bud’s cool for about 1 million years!!!

Nice . . =]

FESTOOL is top quality tool-age . . . with a price to match.

That unit states 1500Wh capacity. . . . . and a 2.9kw inverter (with 11kw surge) so a very competent spec.

at £3132 each that equates to £2.10 per Wh for the FESTOOL

vs

the ALLPOWERS 372Wh £240 so . . . . £1.55 per wh.

its equivalent to four ALLPOWERS 372 units (4x = 1488wh) . . . (4x £240 = £960)

So if it’s 1500wh does that mean it could run, say a 1500w cement mixer, for 1 hour? (ignoring all the complicated maths like allowing for start up power surge demand and all that jazz)

So if it’s 1500wh does that mean it could run, say a 1500w cement mixer, for 1 hour? (ignoring all the complicated maths like allowing for start up power surge demand and all that jazz)
Yes

1616517602156.png

Hi all,

Thanks for uour very interesting thread.

I’ve just joined this forum following buying my first VW T6 with EU5 stop/start.

I’m looking for a solution would charge a Dometic fridge CF26 (35W – average 0,55Ah/h with 12V), and phones. The charge will be made with the cigarette lighter socket when driving or on grid in a camp site. I could be off grid two or three days.

I found this station with LifePo4 battery (518Wh)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001686256712.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.13a55c4aRWn1U2&algo_pvid=062d5ad5-008e-4667-bf4d-607af8abf57b&algo_expid=062d5ad5-008e-4667-bf4d-607af8abf57b-3&btsid=2100bddf16156001669602104e0867&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

The most attractive feature of this products is:

1. Lithium iron phosphate battery, which has a long life span and more than 3000 cycles than 18650 battery.

2. dual wireless charging area design, so that mobile phone charging more arbitrary.

3. 60w PD flash charging function is a leap forward development in the field of charging, which makes charging faster.

4. the product supports the simultaneous charging of power charging port and 60wpd port, and the charging time is reduced by charging for about 4.5 hours. (tip: PD flash pack needs to be purchased separately.)

What do you think about that for my need and 2 or 3 autonomy days?

Can I use that station alone and charged with the cigarette lighter socket ? with or without a DC-DC charger ? completed with a solar solution ?

Thanks in advance
David

Hi all,

Thanks for uour very interesting thread.

I’ve just joined this forum following buying my first VW T6 with EU5 stop/start.

I’m looking for a solution would charge a Dometic fridge CF26 (35W – average 0,55Ah/h with 12V), and phones. The charge will be made with the cigarette lighter socket when driving or on grid in a camp site. I could be off grid two or three days.

I found this station with LifePo4 battery (518Wh)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005001686256712.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.13a55c4aRWn1U2&algo_pvid=062d5ad5-008e-4667-bf4d-607af8abf57b&algo_expid=062d5ad5-008e-4667-bf4d-607af8abf57b-3&btsid=2100bddf16156001669602104e0867&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

The most attractive feature of this products is:

1. Lithium iron phosphate battery, which has a long life span and more than 3000 cycles than 18650 battery.

2. dual wireless charging area design, so that mobile phone charging more arbitrary.

3. 60w PD flash charging function is a leap forward development in the field of charging, which makes charging faster.

4. the product supports the simultaneous charging of power charging port and 60wpd port, and the charging time is reduced by charging for about 4.5 hours. (tip: PD flash pack needs to be purchased separately.)

What do you think about that for my need and 2 or 3 autonomy days?

Can I use that station alone and charged with the cigarette lighter socket ? with or without a DC-DC charger ? completed with a solar solution ?

Thanks in advance
David

Hi David,
without looking at the details, 518Wh divided by 35W for your fridge = 14.8 hours use - so not 2-3 days off grid

Simon

Thanks Simon,
But the fridge doesn’t work 35W all time. It consums 0,55Ah/h (average).
I calculated 518Wh/12V = 43 Ah so 43Ah/0.55Ah/h = 78.5h = 3.2 days.
Who's right ? ... Wait and see other opinions .... ;)
My main question is about this station and its recharging device. I don't really know what to think
David

Thanks Simon,
But the fridge doesn’t work 35W all time. It consums 0,55Ah/h (average).
I calculated 518Wh/12V = 43 Ah so 43Ah/0.55Ah/h = 78.5h = 3.2 days.
Who's right ? ... Wait and see other opinions .... ;)
My main question is about this station and its recharging device. I don't really know what to think
David

I'd guess that the energy consumption will depend mostly on the outside ambient temperature.

It's written in the technical data :
0.44 Ah/h at +20°C ambient temperature,
0.67 Ah/h at +32°C ambient temperature,
(both at interior device temperature of +5°C)
So I took for the calculation of the average current consumption : 0.55 Ah/h.
In the worst case, 43Ah/0.67Ah/h = 64h = 2.7 days

Has anyone tried to order directly from allpowers?

Miles cheaper than Amazon on the face of it, is there a catch?

Last edited:
These power packs look interesting but with so much power available at a cost effective price compared to say a victron lithium battery then why wouldn’t one just buy one of these and replace the leisure battery with it? They are cheaper than most (any) stand alone lithium when considering bang for the buck or ah/£.

It would fit under the seat and you could still charge it via mains, solar and I assume via a DCDC charger. You could run a positive to a bus bar and negative to ground and connect everything up for there. You could even run the 240 inverter to a switched distribution board for the 240 electrics in the van.

Am I missing something here that would prevent this working?

Has anyone tried to order directly from allpowers?

Miles cheaper than Amazon on the face of it, is there a catch?

You will.most likely have to pay.....

Vat, import duty and a processing fee.

These fees soon add up.

These power packs look interesting but with so much power available at a cost effective price compared to say a victron lithium battery then why wouldn’t one just buy one of these and replace the leisure battery with it? They are cheaper than most (any) stand alone lithium when considering bang for the buck or ah/£.

It would fit under the seat and you could still charge it via mains, solar and I assume via a DCDC charger. You could run a positive to a bus bar and negative to ground and connect everything up for there. You could even run the 240 inverter to a switched distribution board for the 240 electrics in the van.

Am I missing something here that would prevent this working?
These are only 1/4 or 1/3 the power capacity of the big leisure battery... so factor that in the £ per wh calculation. (the Valence 138ah is effectively 1766wh vs the 372wh ALLPOWERS)

You have no access to the internal cell blocks.... just a couple of 12v outlets that are rated at 3amp or 10amp... so connecting to group and 12v busbar won't work.

These are very good at running as mobile power sources...... but not so good at being wired into the van.

Last edited:
@Dreynolds10

have look at this thread . . . its similar to what you are talking about.

@Dreynolds10

have look at this thread . . . its similar to what you are talking about.

Nice work. How are you getting on with the Valence batteries now that how have had them for a while? They seem good value for the ah rating.

There great, i love them. Very powerful and keep a good voltage for the whole capacity.

Back