Assure me about VW Caravelle Used Assured please!

Lukavell

DITryer. Sold!
T6 Legend
I've got my eye on a used assured Volkswagen Caravelle Executive 2.0 TDI 150PS SWB with DSG. I really like the looks of it and the only things it doesn't have which I'd like are Sunroof & Toluca Alloys, both of which I can live without. It's got LED headlights, Discovery Media, Parking sensors & Camera, Insulated Windscreen and all the other good stuff that Exec's come with.

I'm in an odd position in that I'm temporarily based in Italy, living the dream, and a Caravelle would make that so much sweeter!! That means that I'd be doing the whole purchase over the phone/online and flying back to collect. I'm a big VW fan and know what I'm getting into, having driven many variants of T5's and a couple of T6's prior to moving out here, plus it's an ex-demo therefore almost new. I've seen a video of it and I'm pretty comfortable with doing it this way.

What I'm struggling with is making sure It's a good price, the differences in similar spec Caravelles across the UK are quite large but at 41k I want to get it right. My thought is that it is a good price but if I can get them to come down a bit or throw in some extras then obviously I'd like to do so!

I thought I'd throw this out there and see what some of you guys opinions are please?

Thanks for reading if you got this far!

Hi Luke,

May help the guys of they know whereabouts in the country you are buying from as prices vary considerably between North and South.

Hi Luke,

May help the guys of they know whereabouts in the country you are buying from as prices vary considerably between North and South.
Hi Jim, good point! It's in Oxfordshire.

Cheers. I bought my 66 reg Caravelle from Manchester VW about 6 months ago, it had 150 mile on the clock. Apparently one of their best customers borrowed it for a day and the dealer had to sell it as used. Its a 204 dsg and had everything on it I was after except tailgate latching but it was a dealer spec bus.

I shopped around and everyone I rang up after seemed to be sold, then saw this online, rang up and arranged a test drive so dropped a deposit on it and drove up to see it next day. Had a fairly brief demo and was hooked so went for it. If I hadn't bought it there was a queue behind me including one bloke who was sitting in the dealership waiting to see if I had it. He ended up with a California that was sitting on the shop floor. Another was a lady from Glasgow, despite the dealer saying I had put a deposit on it and was driving up next day, she drove down from Glasgow with the cash in her hand. Unlucky lol.

To be honest, they seem to hold their value and go like hotcakes so if you feel the price is right then go for it. There are a few about and the one I saw the other day was fairly standard, had 31k miles on the clock and the dealer was after £40k.

Problem I have personally is modding and spending on it but hopefully that has to stop soon. ;)

That seems to confirm my thinking which is good. I got a rough guide off Parkers too which said 35k but it's got half the mileage and a few pricey extras - LED's, Discovery Media, Reverse Camera and sensors so I reckon its about right. If I go for it I'll still push for a bit more though. If you don't ask...

Also, this will be my third so my wallet feels the pain already!

So that is the dealer adjacent to the Milton Interchange of the A34 on the road to Didcot then, as I can’t think of any other VWCV dealer in Oxon.
Give me a yell if you need any help such as casting a physical eye over it, as I live at the top end of Oxfordshire and work in Oxford.

So that is the dealer adjacent to the Milton Interchange of the A34 on the road to Didcot then, as I can’t think of any other VWCV dealer in Oxon.
Give me a yell if you need any help such as casting a physical eye over it, as I live at the top end of Oxfordshire and work in Oxford.

Yeah, Abingdon way on I think. Location wasn' really an issue as I'll be picking it up next time I'm back in the UK, nice long drive back to Southern Italy then, Can't wait!

I'll be sad to sell my Kombi as I've put a lot into it but I'm looking forward to the luxury of my new velle! Might have to swap some of the bits over too, got some nice wheels, b14s and ARB sway bars on the Kombi that i'm told will fit. Here we go again...

That is very kind of you Davey, if your'e ever near by that' be great but please don't go out of your way for me. Marshall, and others I suspect, send personal video presentations to you. It's a sales pitch no doubt but the guy I dealt with was very thorough and knowledgeble. I'm absolutely confident that it will be in tip top condition. It's only got 4500 miles on it so not even run in yet!

Yeah, Abingdon way on I think. Location wasn' really an issue as I'll be picking it up next time I'm back in the UK, nice long drive back to Southern Italy then! Can't wait.

That is very kind of you Davey, if your'e ever near by that' be great but please don't go out of your way for me. Marshall, and others I suspect, send personal video presentations to you. It's a sales pitch no doubt but the guy I dealt with was very thorough and knowledgeble. I'm absolutely confident that it will be in tip top condition. It's only got 4500 miles on it so not even run in yet!
Sounds really good fella, that’ll be one hell of a journey back home, have no doubt you’ll be grinning from ear to ear all the way.

Sounds really good fella, that’ll be one hell of a journey back home, have no doubt you’ll be grinning from ear to ear all the way.
Most of the way definiely... but it's 1500 miles and the local drivers are lunatics!!! The further south you get the exponentially worse the driving gets. However it'll give me plenty of time to think about what id like to do with it! Already got some ideas.

Wrap it in bubblewrap. Perhaps some of those rubber door panels from a Citroen c4 cactus???:rofl:
I remember when we’ve been on holiday in Italy, drivers are definately lunatics.
Will it be a problem getting insurance out there on a RHD vehicle?

Wrap it in bubblewrap. Perhaps some of those rubber door panels from a Citroen c4 cactus???:rofl:
I remember when we’ve been on holiday in Italy, drivers are definately lunatics.
Will it be a problem getting insurance out there on a RHD vehicle?

Haha, they'll just use them as bump pads!! What an awful looking car they are?

Insurance wise, nah, there's a few options. The local policies cost an absolute fortune though, due to the standard of driving. It's pretty well accepted that a lot of the locals just buy their license, which explains the complete disregard and ignorance for the rules. The classic example being giving way to people coming on to the roundabout! It works, but only just!

Haha, they'll just use them as bump pads!! What an awful looking car they are?

Insurance wise, nah, there's a few options. The local policies cost an absolute fortune though, due to the standard of driving. It's pretty well accepted that a lot of the locals just buy their license, which explains the complete disregard and ignorance for the rules. The classic example being giving way to people coming on to the roundabout! It works, but only just!
:eek:

Back