Front parking sensor on sales advert missing

Thanks for the update I guess it must be an option extra either official VW or aftermarket ?
When I get rear camera fitted I assume the front sensors can be added without too much trouble ?
they can be added easily but they are quite pricey, google around will give you some idea.

Just had an email response
They stated the last few lines in the advert says that accuracy of the description is not accurate therefore they won’t do anything ?

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
The old E and OE clause. Errors and omissions excepted covers their arse. Perhaps have a look at their T's and C's, usually a company has a get out of trouble free clause.

Yes to say I am disappointed is understatement ! The dealers are pleasant enough to deal but we been waiting nearly 12 weeks for handover so been patient of a saint ?
Little worn down now , we not had more than a night with van so don’t want to sour our times in future with van ?

Reactions: CAB
You don’t really need front parking sensors, just look out of the window and if you’re not sure if you have clearance kick the wife out to have a look!! that’s what I do :D
Yep thought of that put her in front of wall when parking when she screams I have squashed her but not dented the van !
Only trouble it works when I drive so will have to run risk she not run into wall ? I guess just thinking the collision sensor works same way as my works Toyota and it applies the brakes ?

Yep thought of that put her in front of wall when parking when she screams I have squashed her but not dented the van !
Only trouble it works when I drive so will have to run risk she not run into wall ? I guess just thinking the collision sensor works same way as my works Toyota and it applies the brakes ?
It would be interesting to try it in shorter distances! I could lend you my sister in law to try it out!

If you're handy DIY, genuine kit can be bought for around £400, plug and play, no coding (as you already have the rear).

Yup, goods must be “as described”. Personally I’d have been prepared to be reasonable until they came back with the old “O&E” ploy. Now I’d be kicking them in the bo11ox. No mercy if that’s how they want to play.
Yup.

Yes to say I am disappointed is understatement ! The dealers are pleasant enough to deal but we been waiting nearly 12 weeks for handover so been patient of a saint ?
Little worn down now , we not had more than a night with van so don’t want to sour our times in future with van ?
Have you looked to see if the dealer is signed-up to the TMO? If they are and they've confirmed their decision is final, then the process is easy (if somewhat protracted). You don't have to deal with the dealer - you just need to submit your evidence (and your desired resolution) and then sit back and forget about it. If it comes to nothing, you've lost nothing; if the TMO agree it's misrepresentation, happy days. In either event, it doesn't have to sour your time with the van.

Curiously does these holes represent where the sensors should be as they are holes in bodywork with nothing inside ?

IMG_0232.png

@Absolut5. I suspect I won't be the only one to ask. Could you PM me with a price on this please - 2018 Highlline that's already got rear sensors feeding into a Kenwood 8020DABS (fitted by you). Cheers.
Could I have same as I don’t think I will win the war ? I have the standard head unit

Could I have same as I don’t think I will win the war ? I have the standard head unit
What have you got to lose? Take them to task, but enjoy your van in the meantime, look on it as entertainment for the dark winter nights. They will get fed up before you do. Don’t give in.

Back