VW dealers make me laugh

OK, I take it all back about Indy workshops, can you believe they failed my MOT just because the rear fog light didn't work. A main stealer would have missed that! New switch required, back in next Tuesday. Bummer...

Someone I know told me he put his VW T5 campervan in for a cam-belt and water pump change last year. After he dropped it off, he got a phone call from the main dealer saying that to do the cam belt change, they would need to do an interim service at the same. This, despite him having that interim service that done at the same main dealer only 6 approx months before.
I'm no mechanic but I don't think this is correct YES/NO?

Someone I know told me he put his VW T5 campervan in for a cam-belt and water pump change last year. After he dropped it off, he got a phone call from the main dealer saying that to do the cam belt change, they would need to do an interim service at the same. This, despite him having that interim service that done at the same main dealer only 6 approx months before.
I'm no mechanic but I don't think this is correct YES/NO?
Pretty standard, by all accounts! I'll never use a main dealer!

I had similar debris with the added bonus of the ham fisted mechanic managing to break the clips holding the cover panel and thinking they could get away with a bit of double sided tape to hold it up. Service done in August so soon as temperatures dropped so did the lower panel. They did replace FOC when I complained

charged me for a new engine mount picked up during health check …… they insisted not covered by all in warranty but I later discovered it was covered …. Insisted on refund. They said they couldn’t retrospectively put in a warranty claim ….. not my problem I said …. Got money back eventually

and as discussed in another thread I apparently have 4 perishing tyres, 2 years old 7mm tread

rear brake pads 90% worn disks lipped and priority need replacing, front 55%, disks exactly the same as the rear but for some reason are ok …. MOT 4k ago and no advisory or mention. Picked up replacements anyway and will replace at some point.

On the video the tech even had the cheek to comment on number plate spacing. wtaf

i honestly get the same feeling going to the stealers as I do the dentist lol
Funny that? Previous VW transporters had back and front wear sensors but these were all removed even in my 18 month old T6.1. VW seeking to boost scam brake sales for dealerships?

I just did an oil and filter change myself. Removed wheels and checked for wear on brake pads and disks...all good with plenty of life left in them.
Had a good look at all the steering mechanisms which looked fine to me.
I made a slight adjustment of handbrake cable.
Last year indie service/MOT with no advisories cost me £333.83 which included a brake fluid change; which I probably could have left out.
My DIY service cost me about £65 plus my time.... and I enjoyed doing it!
I made sure I was completely happy with what I had done.
A few weeks ago I had called LOOKERS Glasgow to ask about the cam-belt and water pump change requirements and was advised of updated (six months ago apparently) policy of no time limit and 120,000k miles recommendation. I had swithered about getting it done last September 2023 (approx) and was advised, despite the very low mileage, that as it was more than four years old, I should have it done. I declined at that point and and have saved myself around £800.
I could only make these judgements surrounding maintenance of my campervan because of my time on this forum and the brilliant expertise of its members.
The 2 x £12.99's annual membership for VIP members is the best £12.99's I have ever spent!!

Back