Anyone Towed With a TSi 150ps

Carlwaynie

T6 Pro
Hi all, looking at possibly buying a petrolT6 the 150 brake, anyone out there used one for towing, my caravan weight is approximately 1400kg, I know the fuel economy won’t be as good as diesel but I’m very concerned about adblue and egr valves etc on the diesel vans

I’m the opposite, much prefer diesel than petrol for towing a caravan… regardless of fuel consumption… more torque

Hi all, looking at possibly buying a petrolT6 the 150 brake, anyone out there used one for towing, my caravan weight is approximately 1400kg, I know the fuel economy won’t be as good as diesel but I’m very concerned about adblue and egr valves etc on the diesel vans
I’ve use my T6 Diesel camper for towing caravan of similar weights without any problems

Thanks for the reply’s , I get the torque thing, just concerned about the adblue and egr valve issues. I suppose it’s a trade off and weighing it all up but it’s good to know people out there do tow with the petrol version without any issues .. other than torque and fuel economy

Revo offer a remap for the 150TSI that increases the power to between 250 & 300 horsepower with diesel levels of torque. REVO Stage 1 Software for a VOLKSWAGEN Transporter T6 2.0 TSI

However towing isn't all about power. It's the way the vehicle controls the trailer. The T6 punches a big hole in the air, so it's not having to pull the caravan through much more air. It's also heavy enough to be stable and less affected my the forces swinging off the tow ball.

hi I have towed my mini digger trailer that weights2.5 tons with transporter
tsi with no problem I all so have a amarok and is only better because it has rear wheel drive

Back