Anyone around warrington area

@andys I had a courtesy T6 a while back and it allowed distance setting whilst moving, I'm guessing this is a different HW/SW, I think I took a scan of it so I'll double check to see what it had.

Interesting, mine definitely only allows speed adjustment while driving

@Pauly from what I read tho, the 'emergency city breaking' is a laser sensor and the ACC is a radar, so completely different HW, maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to upgrade if the wires are there (CAN & Power)
As far as I know ACC and braking use the same sensor so I assume (maybe wrongly) that it's the same sensor, if you scan @PukkaT6 van you can compare the HW number with your ACC module or if someone with an MY18 can send me their reg I will pull it up on etka and double check

Think a scan will be best, etka won't give all the info on the ACC module

Just going to confirm part numbers are the same but the proof will definitely be in the scan pudding

@Pauly from what I read tho, the 'emergency city breaking' is a laser sensor and the ACC is a radar, so completely different HW, maybe it wouldn't be too difficult to upgrade if the wires are there (CAN & Power)
Not sure on that, i have city braking and acc 130 on a single unit, we should compare part numbers from my scan.

Here is the BCU Coding: module 09 . Byte 17 bit7
2017-07-14_08-44-27.png

and the coding of the Radar module;
Code:
Address 13: Auto Dist. Reg (J428)       Labels:| 7N0-907-572.clb
   Part No SW: 7N0 907 572 C    HW: 7E0 907 572
   Component: ACC Bosch PQx H03 0210 
   Serial number: 27081604393274
   Coding: 00005000FE0779
   Shop #: WSC 01383 790 50316
   ASAM Dataset: EV_ACCBEGVW361 001006
   ROD: EV_ACCBEGVW361_SK34.rod
   VCID: 3666B25289630BF72B-8062

Just ran @PukkaT6 van through etka to look at front sensor it came back as
7E0 907 561 C - control unit for distance regulation and radar sensor
Fitted to vehicles from >17/10/16

It means your front radar looks different from one in a vehicle factory fitted with ACC but more info required yet

Does anyone know what useful un-lockable features are hidden in velle (in my t5 i had this rain sensor thingy but is it in my current one?) ? is it worth getting calista or go to friendly garage to ask- -exactly what questions i should ask if any? how do i find out what i can unlock?sorry for noob question it is fascinating !

It means your front radar looks different from one in a vehicle factory fitted with ACC but more info required yet
I'm going to take that back, just looked at this a bit more and the radar sensor on this MY18 matches the radar unit fitted in vehicles with ACC from the factory (compared it to @Loz van) so this certainly merits more digging as it may be possible to activate ACC
@PukkaT6 and @Loz can you post pics of your steering wheels so we can compare cruise buttons please

@Pauly yes I'll drop it you over on a message,
A lot of modules wouldn't allow coding because VCDS has no info on them (it's probably too new)

I think to upgrade to ACC so it can be adjusted whilst driving @PukkaT6 you will need to install a steering wheel with cruise distance set button like this one

Back