Any red flags? Buying advice

I think that's pretty toppy price for a manual. We picked up a DSG, with discover media, LED lights, tailgate from a main VW dealer for 31500 in Feb. Slightly older (I think 3-6 months) and slightly higher miles (12k), but a lot more spec for less money, though you don't mention options. Admittedly I think we got a good deal and prices on the rise again due to VW new van hikes and time of year.

I think that's pretty toppy price for a manual. We picked up a DSG, with discover media, LED lights, tailgate from a main VW dealer for 31500 in Feb. Slightly older (I think 3-6 months) and slightly higher miles (12k), but a lot more spec for less money, though you don't mention options. Admittedly I think we got a good deal and prices on the rise again due to VW new van hikes and time of year.
I agree

My advice is don't rush into things without being 100% sure ,personally I'd opt for a DSG gearbox model ,minimum 150 bhp .Go through all the options and decide on your preferred spec ,then look for the van.
Once found just compare similar specs on price.
If purchasing from a dealer, you have an option to return if not as described or has faults. Good luck :thumbsup:.

Only just seen this, but you’ll be fine with a manual. I wanted a dsg but ended up with a manual-it’s all a compromise when trying to get the right van at the right price with the right spec.
Manual doesn’t bother me one bit, in fact I think I prefer it on the van.
You should be fine buying from VW dealer with the warranty and the VW Assist. I bought mine from VW dealer and just looked at it and the history and bought it. Never even drove it or started the engine. Although, I do generally have a cba attitude to stuff.

Could you register for VAT...?? You mentioned using the van for work earlier....just a thought.
Becoming VAT registered is just not worth it for me as my business isn’t my main income. But the bonus is that the VAT has already been paid for - so £32650 is what we’ve managed to get them down too.

Only just seen this, but you’ll be fine with a manual. I wanted a dsg but ended up with a manual-it’s all a compromise when trying to get the right van at the right price with the right spec.
Manual doesn’t bother me one bit, in fact I think I prefer it on the van.
You should be fine buying from VW dealer with the warranty and the VW Assist. I bought mine from VW dealer and just looked at it and the history and bought it. Never even drove it or started the engine. Although, I do generally have a cba attitude to stuff.
With having such a bad experience before I’m so nervous, and this is quiet a few years savings so I’m trying to be a thorough as possible! But still got 1.5 manufactures warranty like you say, so will be fine!

Back