Need a bit of help please

Guss

Hi guys, I've got a T6 sportline 204, it's my first transporter and I'm loving it already taken loads of advice off here, really great community. I've been on a few holidays this year but only sites with hook up, was needing to know what I'm going to be needing and kinda ballpark figures for our first solar set up for next year?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
All the very best

we have a 100ah lithium battery and a 50 amp DC DC charger. We don’t have any solar and we don’t have any hook up installed on the van but we manage to get four days and nights out of the battery (just). That runs a full camper van conversion with fridge and diesel heater.

the DC DC charger will charge the battery back up with just a 2 Hour drive so I don’t think you need anything more than that.

Have a look here for some general info....

Tell us more about what you need to power when parked up. Is it just lights, a fridge and USB sockets for charging ?And how many nights will you be stationary for ?

The more power you draw and the longer you are off grid, the bigger leisure battery and solar panels you will need.

Pete

Literally we don't have that much,coolbox, chargers for two phones and a ninja foodi. The longest we want to go off grid for is five days to start with see how we get on, this is the first year we've done this and loved it, all your help is greatly appreciated guys

Literally we don't have that much,coolbox, chargers for two phones and a ninja foodi. The longest we want to go off grid for is five days to start with see how we get on, this is the first year we've done this and loved it, all your help is greatly appreciated guys
5 days off grid with a ninja foodi isn’t going to work. Look at some other cooking device

You might struggle with the cool box too, depending on what type it is.
Anything that generates heat will kill your leisure battery, which is why people use gas/diesel to cook and heat.

Pete

Back