Any red flags? Buying advice

LKM11

Hello everyone,

I've been bitten before when buying a T5 and to be honest I'm so nervous about purchasing vans after that experience, as it rooked me financially when I was in my early 20's.

Would anyone be up for reviewing some footage that I've been sent by the dealer? and seeing if there is any red flags that come up for you? It's fairly new, so I'd hope not - but there's something that's just a little bit too good to be true feeling about it. Mainly because there being slightly pushy, but I'm in the Highlands and the dealer is down south...so maybe I'm just not used to the direct sales tactics!

Any other good questions to ask, I would also really appreciate it! - I've asked about EGR, previous owners and the kinda standard stuff.

Any help would be really appreciated!

Cheers
Lauren

Tell us more about the van, then maybe someone with a similar spec/age van may be able to help.

Pete

Mileage, age, model and price? Maybe a link to seller’s listing

I'm sure you'll receive plenty of feedback (and wisecracks from @JOG!) if you put the footage up on here, or a link to YouTube. A lot will I'm sure depend on what you're planning on doing with it. Info on age/miles/spec would be good too!

When you say "fairly new" is it still under warranty?

Oh wow! right thanks team.

Van
Volkswagen Transporter 6.1 Panel Van - T28 Panel van Highline SWB 150 PS 2.0 TDI 6sp Manual 2021
Milage - 2900
Price - £33959
1.5 year manufacturer warranty on it

Intended use - Weekend van that we can sleep in if we need, but can also have muddy bikes and some light materials put in it for my job.

Probably in the right ballpark price wise - I’d rather have a DSG though

We live in Aviemore and work in the winter sports industry, so we where thinking the automatic for winter driving might be a bit peaky?

Safest place to buy from
I would ask all the right questions via email and get a written response so there’s recourse if you are buying without viewing

Service history
Any paint repairs
Did they sell it new
Etc etc

We live in Aviemore and work in the winter sports industry, so we where thinking the automatic for winter driving might be a bit peaky?
The dsg is fine in the snow , I'm just a bit further south of you but have had plenty experience of driving in the snow in both manual and dsg vans. I have to say to prefer the dsg . Chuck in 4motion and you can go anywhere!

The dsg is fine in the snow , I'm just a bit further south of you but have had plenty experience of driving in the snow in both manual and dsg vans. I have to say to prefer the dsg . Chuck in 4motion and you can go anywhere!
Ah awesome! that's really hand to know! I'm sure it's nothing good snow tyres can't fix either!

Plenty of money for a manual panel van I’d have thought, but if it’s what you want, go for it

Back