Another newbie...and totally green!

I'm asking more about the price...it's cheaper than a new one to buy from VW, but not by a great deal

I'm not up for the 12 month log book retention scheme at all...
@Victoria Alletson as stated by @Kingsway it sounds a bit of a dodgy deal and you could end up with even worse issues than @TeeVan did with his that was sold on through a broker by a Leasing Company. The price is cheaper only because you are being asked for a trade price plus a smaller profit than a Dealer.

Have decided against it. My conversion chap has found me a 16 plate high line T30 102ps swb with 15k miles for 18000+vat, so think I'm going to go with that...hes also found a lwb similar price and miles, so he's going to cost them both up with the conversion so I can make a decision. There was no way I was going for the retained log book thing...I'd need the log book to get it reclassified from a van to a camper anyway.

Thanks all.

Vx

Have decided against it. My conversion chap has found me a 16 plate high line T30 102ps swb with 15k miles for 18000+vat, so think I'm going to go with that...hes also found a lwb similar price and miles, so he's going to cost them both up with the conversion so I can make a decision. There was no way I was going for the retained log book thing...I'd need the log book to get it reclassified from a van to a camper anyway.

Thanks all.

Vx
Good decision, too risky. Now the fun bit!!!!

Just had a look on Imperial Commercials...man alive, there's loads of what appear to be decent vans on there...I've sent my chap loads of links...hope he's not offended!

Just had a look on Imperial Commercials...man alive, there's loads of what appear to be decent vans on there...I've sent my chap loads of links...hope he's not offended!
@Victoria Alletson please keep us all posted and updated with how it all goes as the members of this delightful Forum take great interest in the modifications and conversions undertaken by fellow members. They also appreciate a recommendation in the "Recommed a Business" Discussion/Thread if warranted.

Well...I've got a van! It's a T30 trendline 102 BMT (wanted 140 really, but might get it remapped...I don't really know what that means, but hey ho) Reflex Silver Metallic, Climatic cab air conditioning system (semi-automatic), Tailgate without window, Tailgate lock with electric locking / release via remote, Full wheel trims for 16-inch wheels, Armrest for driver seat, Seat trim covers in Simora fabric, Cruise Control (control stalk), DAB Digital radio reception, Park distance control; acoustic warning signal for obstacles in the rear, Body-coloured wing mirrors and door handles, Chrome-plated strip on air intake of charge air cooler, Body coloured bumpers, Dimmable Driver alert with Multi-function display plus, Driver alert system, Composition colour radio; 5" touch screen, USB interface, 4 speakers, Full bulkhead without window including 8 lashing rings for load restraint...for £15995 + vat, it's got just short of 12k miles.

I looked at a few highlines, but this has everything I need at a cheaper price...I can now spend that extra on bits and bobs...I might have to change the steering wheel...there's nothing worse than a plastic steering wheel!!! I've not seen it (eek), but have assurances from the sales chap (gullible female that I am), that it is free from dents and scratches, is in very good nick and still has it's manufacturers warranty. I've never driven a bloody van before...but its a SWB, so I should be ok. I know I toyed with the idea of the LWB, but this just seemed to jump out at me and say 'Buy me'...I find impulse purchases are always the best!

So...what do you all think? (might I regret that question?)

Vx

Well...I've got a van! It's a T30 trendline 102 BMT (wanted 140 really, but might get it remapped...I don't really know what that means, but hey ho) Reflex Silver Metallic, Climatic cab air conditioning system (semi-automatic), Tailgate without window, Tailgate lock with electric locking / release via remote, Full wheel trims for 16-inch wheels, Armrest for driver seat, Seat trim covers in Simora fabric, Cruise Control (control stalk), DAB Digital radio reception, Park distance control; acoustic warning signal for obstacles in the rear, Body-coloured wing mirrors and door handles, Chrome-plated strip on air intake of charge air cooler, Body coloured bumpers, Dimmable Driver alert with Multi-function display plus, Driver alert system, Composition colour radio; 5" touch screen, USB interface, 4 speakers, Full bulkhead without window including 8 lashing rings for load restraint...for £15995 + vat, it's got just short of 12k miles.

I looked at a few highlines, but this has everything I need at a cheaper price...I can now spend that extra on bits and bobs...I might have to change the steering wheel...there's nothing worse than a plastic steering wheel!!! I've not seen it (eek), but have assurances from the sales chap (gullible female that I am), that it is free from dents and scratches, is in very good nick and still has it's manufacturers warranty. I've never driven a bloody van before...but its a SWB, so I should be ok. I know I toyed with the idea of the LWB, but this just seemed to jump out at me and say 'Buy me'...I find impulse purchases are always the best!

So...what do you all think? (might I regret that question?)

Vx
Well......(sharp intake of breath), sounds like a pretty good starting point for your build. Like you say you can now spend the difference on all the luxury conversion items.
Oh and the remap - like your style. Who cares if you don't know what that means, it's just another name for engine voodoo. When does the conversion begin?:thumbsup:

Ok...so after that initial excitement...the bloke from the dealership has phoned and said the mileage is advertised wrong and is actually 18k, so feeling a bit deflated. I think it's still a good price, so when I ring him tomorrow I'm going to see if he can knock some money off...or do I give it a miss.

Disappointed.

good idea.

My conversion chap has a LWB white with similar spec for a little bit more...with the conversion stuff included it's about £2k more. Might go for that.

think that might be a good one, white reflects heat, so a bonus without looking wrong.. lwb, just see it, and make sure your ok with it, I run a lwb and prefer the look as well as the extra space..
2k isnt a great amount in the long run..

Ok...so after that initial excitement...the bloke from the dealership has phoned and said the mileage is advertised wrong and is actually 18k, so feeling a bit deflated. I think it's still a good price, so when I ring him tomorrow I'm going to see if he can knock some money off...or do I give it a miss.

Disappointed.
@Victoria Alletson if they can't get the mileage right what else have they made an error on? :thumbsdown: Typical sales tactic - suck you in, build up expectations and then ... Oops, we made a small mistake! They are counting on you as having mentally done the deal and not walking away.

Mines got 18k on it after a year of me owning it and it's still mint. I'm more wary of low mileage vehicles, they need to used not sat on the drive.

@Victoria Alletson if they can't get the mileage right what else have they made an error on? :thumbsdown: Typical sales tactic - suck you in, build up expectations and then ... Oops, we made a small mistake! They are counting on you as having mentally done the deal and not walking away.

This is my main concern...I've asked him to clarify the spec, but after thinking about it, think I'm going to go with the LWB one.

LWB now sold :(...but there is a white, 16 plate T30 high line available with 8k miles so I'm going to have a look at that. It's got barn doors though and I'd have preferred a tailgate, but thinking of the bike rack situation, barn doors may be better then I can open them without taking off the bikes...? Anyway, he could change them to a tailgate if I want.

I will keep you posted!

Back