Another newbie...and totally green!

The difference between a T30 & T32 is 2 tons. The T30 is a 3 ton Van and the T32 3.2 ton least that is what I was told. You have one 11 yeaar old lad who no doubt can help you out at the campsite. I have seen many young ladies at Foorest Fields on their own with a child. The last one had a young baby in her arms and managed to get a motordome up on her Kombi. I have seen a few women drive in with Kombis that were converted so it seems to be the van of choice. Not sure a panel van is the way to go as they get hot inside unless your conerter is putting in windows for you. I'd rather have a manual that auto as I feel iyt is more to go wrong. Might be worth looking a few vans in a Dealer and see what you get , it should help you make up your mind a bit more or have a look at our photo gallery and see the different ones on there.

Small correction, difference is 200kg, not 2 tons! Might be small, but 200kg is very useful in campers...

The difference between a T30 & T32 is 2 tons. The T30 is a 3 ton Van and the T32 3.2 ton least that is what I was told. You have one 11 yeaar old lad who no doubt can help you out at the campsite. I have seen many young ladies at Foorest Fields on their own with a child. The last one had a young baby in her arms and managed to get a motordome up on her Kombi. I have seen a few women drive in with Kombis that were converted so it seems to be the van of choice. Not sure a panel van is the way to go as they get hot inside unless your conerter is putting in windows for you. I'd rather have a manual that auto as I feel iyt is more to go wrong. Might be worth looking a few vans in a Dealer and see what you get , it should help you make up your mind a bit more or have a look at our photo gallery and see the different ones on there.
I think you got a bit of a typo there. The difference is a payload of 200kg; 3200kg (3.2 tonne) versus 3000kg (3.0 tonne). An empty van weighs around the 2 tonne mark, so the T32 can carry roughly a further 1200kg inside it, whereas the T30 can carry around the 1000kg mark.
My opinion for what it is worth @Victoria Alletson (and you'll be offered plenty of these on here, so feel free to ignore it) is that a T30 will give you plenty of ability to carry around a full conversion without overloading your van.

A T30 should be more than sufficient but we are very close to the weight limit with our van when fully loaded with bikes and trailer. The main problem we had with the T30 is that the default springs are not up to the job for a converted van that sees most of the weight over the back axle.

I went t32, as that way I should never be overloaded, and have the bigger brakes...oh and lwb, but then I have a big fridge :eek::rolleyes::rofl::whistle:

I went t32, as that way I should ever be overloaded, and have the bigger brakes...oh and lwb, but then I have a big fridge :eek::rolleyes::rofl::whistle:
It's not the size of your fridge that counts - it's what you put in it!

Child is a girl...but she's fairly robust! And quite handy.

Definitely having windows put in...but not sure they are opening ones...something else to ask my chap.

Child is a girl...but she's fairly robust! And quite handy.

Definitely having windows put in...but not sure they are opening ones...something else to ask my chap.
Windows on door and opposite side usually slide after being cutout (apparently seal better than VW windows in same place!).

Last edited:
.. as well as second row slide windows we have cutout windows on rear passsenger side and a dummy window on the drivers side rear - I think this is a pretty standard config for panel van conversions.

So...I'm looking for a 2.0 T32 EU6 BMT LWB 204 Highline...? Pricey that! Add on spoiler, side bars, alloys, conversion, bike rack amongst other bits and bobs...

Might have to be some compromises...I don't have a set budget as spending some of the inheritance, but I don't want to go mad.

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Ok, not trying to suck eggs.. Here we go.. Small van, closed up with cooker going, needs to let moisture from the cooking out, and also carbon monoxide from the cooking.. Remember gas emits water vapour by default as well..

The caravan was a larger space, in the van you can also crack the front windows for overnight sleeping, and for this have a look at the Heko wind deflectors so that rain doesn't enter..

Here's some examples of sliding window temporary louvre for the cooking area..

Last edited:
So...I'm looking for a 2.0 T32 EU6 BMT LWB 204 Highline...? Pricey that! Add on spoiler, side bars, alloys, conversion, bike rack amongst other bits and bobs...

Might have to be some compromises...I don't have a set budget as spending some of the inheritance, but I don't want to go mad.
Bike rack with spoiler may be a problem.

Other option is same but a eu5 140, or do things in stages..

you might be pleasantly surprised (I was), if you consider a pre reg, mine was right place at right time.. A converter will source the vehicle, but he will get the benefit of any deal.. Get a couple of quotes to convert what you are after van wise, if you source the van, I paid new pre reg what everyone wanted for older t5s on the 'bay!

@Victoria Alletson , depending on availability of a suitable van and workload of convertor, you are probably already too late to get the best out of your van this summer? With that in mind have you considered hiring one for a week or so to see how you get on and decide which bits work/don't work for you??

I know...but I really can't be bothered with all the faff...I just want it sorted...I haven't got much of a clue on buying a van really.

Back