And so the wait begins ! .....

I think it's just to keep the customer happy. When order gets to the factory they think it means. No Rush Build It When You Can lol

Haha no probs I thought the guy saying it must of got it wrong but yea I guess when you think about how many dealerships there are and how many potential orders are taking place constantly you can see why they ended up with a backlog earlier in the year. Still rolling into a new week tomorrow so one week closer to us all getting the vans. Who's got what planned for theirs upon arrival? Any mods or adjustments?

Yeah a lot of dealers around the UK. I am looking into doing my own sound-proofing. Thinking of using Silent Coat, watched a few vids on Youtube and I looks simple to do but will have the carpet lining done by Pro's. Having side bars, Chrome fitted by dealer but holding off on roof rails as a few on here had leaking into van issues. :(

ah that's not good, have anyone in mind for the carpet lining? I've been going back and forth about doing it myself or having it done by an expert I did my crafter that I'm currently in now and it came out really well but its a lot of time and effort. I'm going for 30mm lowering, black side bars, front splitter and rear spoiler, I have hit a wall with the roof bars as there aren't many that I think are aesthetically pleasing.

I’m having my interior lined out by slidepods begging December with lesuire electrics also , 30mm lowered, sportline wheels , rear spoiler , front splitter

I’m having my interior lined out by slidepods begging December with lesuire electrics also , 30mm lowered, sportline wheels , rear spoiler , front splitter
nice was that the earliest date you could get? I want to get straight on mine when its here because I need it for work can really use it without it all set up and racked out

Yeah this was the first free spot , booked a while ago also , but there work looks good so happy to wait

ah that's not good, have anyone in mind for the carpet lining? I've been going back and forth about doing it myself or having it done by an expert I did my crafter that I'm currently in now and it came out really well but its a lot of time and effort. I'm going for 30mm lowering, black side bars, front splitter and rear spoiler, I have hit a wall with the roof bars as there aren't many that I think are aesthetically pleasing.

Not got anyone in mind yet but the salesman at vwvc Preston has recommended a company close to the dealership they use, so will call and have a look round myself. Not leaving my new van at an Untidy workshop = Untidy job. lol

Wow you picking yours up today then ? Mid Nov for me I think. You must show us some pics.

Not got anyone in mind yet but the salesman at vwvc Preston has recommended a company close to the dealership they use, so will call and have a look round myself. Not leaving my new van at an Untidy workshop = Untidy job. lol

Hi, I’ve ordered my Kombi from Preston & they recommended T4 Life around the corner. They’re on the Face Perv & put a few posts on. I’m in the same quandary as to where to get mine lined at.

@B19DRG how are the VW 30mm drop? Do you have a T32? Would love to know if it's a good move as our imminent T32 will spend a lot of time with small loads :)

@B19DRG how are the VW 30mm drop? Do you have a T32? Would love to know if it's a good move as our imminent T32 will spend a lot of time with small loads :)
I really like the way it drives, handles and looks glad I did this and kept the warranty people happy !

Just phoned VWVC asked for an update of my van. Been told now wk42 but they said takes 4 weeks to deliver to uk.

I'm currently wk42. Been told 2-3 weeks for delivery. I don't think they have a clue lol just make it up as they go along until the day it gets made. I can't understand why it takes so long to bring a transporter over? Thought the drive would only take a couple of days

I'm currently wk42. Been told 2-3 weeks for delivery. I don't think they have a clue lol just make it up as they go along until the day it gets made. I can't understand why it takes so long to bring a transporter over? Thought the drive would only take a couple of days
I know, my daughter worked for Ford and their cars took 3 weeks to be shipped from Europe. Think its paperwork documentation checks.

Back