And so the wait begins ! .....

Had an email from my salesman today , build week 31 so hopefully should see early October ! Sooooo excited , been looking at wheels thinking 19" rotiform should look ok with the 30mm drop , liking the idea of a slide pod and a carpet lining along with Hilo roof , this is expensive already !!

Grrrrr this wait is killing me ! Kinda wishing I had ordered the second battery now I have tried to amend with the salesman but it's locked in for build. The second battery would be very handy for running stuff and keeping the van battery safe to start

The wait was an absolute nightmare so feel your pain, however on the plus side you will forget all about it as soon as it arrives and probably never stop smiling ha

It's frustrating but at least you have got a build date - last year some of us, after being told it would take around 12 weeks for VW to build, were waiting 30+ weeks - mine was ordered on 11th March and converted van received on 14th October - 31 weeks (I think some had even longer waits)

Had an email from my salesman today , build week 31 so hopefully should see early October ! Sooooo excited , been looking at wheels thinking 19" rotiform should look ok with the 30mm drop , liking the idea of a slide pod and a carpet lining along with Hilo roof , this is expensive already !!
Rotiform are very cool wheels :thumbsup:, especially for VW T's. Look forward to seeing your build.

Thanks , looking forward to start the build , some cool stuff to come for it ! Have built several show winning VW's over the years so let's see what can be done with this !!
Looking forward to your build even more now:mexican wave:

Ok so I managed to get hold of a set of wheels today , genuine brand new sportline as I wanted to keep warranty and the OEM look however the tyres on them are hifli so they gotta go ! Can someone recommend me a good 18" tyre to go on these please ? Van is booked for leisure electrics and line out also , just waiting for it to arrive even more now !

IMG_0065.JPG

Ok so I managed to get hold of a set of wheels today , genuine brand new sportline as I wanted to keep warranty and the OEM look however the tyres on them are hifli so they gotta go ! Can someone recommend me a good 18" tyre to go on these please ? Van is booked for leisure electrics and line out also , just waiting for it to arrive even more now !

View attachment 13263

Good choice

Will be honest mine are cheap but they are actually pretty good. A couple of times i have whacked anchors on and for a heavy thing she stops well. In 10 months all will need replacing so happy to put up with them.

Last edited:
Collecting next Monday ! Wheels are going on , rear spoiler and lowering springs im sooooooooo excited !

Back