And so the wait begins ! .....

B19DRG

VW Main Dealer
T6 Guru
After being a lurker on here for a while thought I would post up to say Hi !

I'm Dan based in Exeter and have just ordered my new T6 T30 150 manual in Indium grey Kombi high line with plenty of spec and now playing the waiting game 12 ish weeks I have been quoted , having the 30mm springs fitted then find some nice wheels full carpet line among the first jobs to be done .

No doubt I will be asking lots of questions and picking up tips and tricks along the way !

Cheers

Exeter always seems busy, I have started to dislike working there due to traffic in and out always being crazy

Exeter is crazy , have been working on Marsh Barton for nearly 20 years ( car sales ) it's definitely getting busier everywhere these days ! So can anyone recommend someone to carpet line the back of my new van ?

After being a lurker on here for a while thought I would post up to say Hi !

I'm Dan based in Exeter and have just ordered my new T6 T30 150 manual in Indium grey Kombi high line with plenty of spec and now playing the waiting game 12 ish weeks I have been quoted , having the 30mm springs fitted then find some nice wheels full carpet line among the first jobs to be done .

No doubt I will be asking lots of questions and picking up tips and tricks along the way !

Cheers
Hi pal welcome and good colour choice.

One bit of advice that could save you some money and dissapointment. I would check the look of the dealer lowered springs and make sure your happy with the stance of the van as the back does tend to sit notability high than the front. If you are not going to be carrying any load it might not look the way you want so you will end up paying for new springs or B14's like some of us have and will to get that more even level look.

Hi pal welcome and good colour choice.

One bit of advice that could save you some money and dissapointment. I would check the look of the dealer lowered springs and make sure your happy with the stance of the van as the back does tend to sit notability high than the front. If you are not going to be carrying any load it might not look the way you want so you will end up paying for new springs or B14's like some of us have and will to get that more even level look.

Hi , thanks for this , the salesman did show me a van that had been lowered 30mm and this was a panel van , looked fine , hopefully mine will be the same !

Hi , thanks for this , the salesman did show me a van that had been lowered 30mm and this was a panel van , looked fine , hopefully mine will be the same !
Just make sure you have a good look at other peoples posts on here and compare with what the dealer has showed you. As I like you have the 30MM dealer springs with 18in Black Sportline T5 wheels and will be switching to B14 as I prefer the more level look as the gap between the back wheel and arch is still pretty large.

Just make sure you have a good look at other peoples posts on here and compare with what the dealer has showed you. As I like you have the 30MM dealer springs with 18in Black Sportline T5 wheels and will be switching to B14 as I prefer the more level look as the gap between the back wheel and arch is still pretty large.

Thanks for this I will check this out tomorrow , do you have a pic of your van ? I'm thinking the sport line wheels older version don't like the new style !

Hi dan
I'm Exidder too and agree to above posts about traffic bloody nightmare
We had PV converted in May , nice job really happy
Carpet lining was all neat and tidy by pete at VWtransportercraft
Lots of other options though but he is only up the road at Shillingford abbot so maybe go have a chat
Cant help with spring and wheels because we've run out of dollars :(

Thanks for this I will check this out tomorrow , do you have a pic of your van ? I'm thinking the sport line wheels older version don't like the new style !
Here's mine with a 30mm drop and 18" Sportlines. The back don't look to bad in this picture but I think it's just the light or lack of light in the arch which makes it seem lower than it actually is. In the flesh so to speak the difference between the front and back is very noticeable. Just for info there is nothing in the back apart from the Kombi seats. Hope this helps
img_2124-jpg.5021

How much do you think it would cost to buy and get fitted new springs with a 50mm drop (B14's too expensive for a van on lease)

I just bought sportlines but have standard suspension

IMG_8038.jpg

Exeter is crazy , have been working on Marsh Barton for nearly 20 years ( car sales ) it's definitely getting busier everywhere these days ! So can anyone recommend someone to carpet line the back of my new van ?
You could try @slidepods they are only a short trip down the A38 near chudleigh, top quality work

Back