For Sale Ambient Cabin Overhead Lighting

I want one but put off by the ominous yellow cable where’s that got to be routed to ???

Hi @osman ...its all very easy....even easier if you have a Highline model...but the yellow wire is routed under the headlining, which you get to from removing the original light unit, then down the a-pillar, easiest to remove the handle, remove the side panel on the dash with a trim tool....or a screwdriver covered in Sellotape (come on we've all done it at some time!) then remove the light switch, and tap into, or solder onto a grey/ blue wire behind the light switch.....It really shouldn't take more than an hour...guys on this wondaful forum have changed the lights over in less that 30mins....Matt

I want one but put off by the ominous yellow cable where’s that got to be routed to ???
It’s pretty straightforward- I used a piece of stiffer wire and fed it under the headliner to top of the a pillar. The cover to the a pillar comes off very easily once the handle is unscrewed. You then unclip the panel on the side of the dash which allows you to feed the cable into the back of the light switch pin 10. It’s a nice mod and I’m pleased with mine. Didn’t take that long once I worked out you take off the clear plastic cover to get to the two screws holding the light in,

Hi @osman ...its all very easy....even easier if you have a Highline model...but the yellow wire is routed under the headlining, which you get to from removing the original light unit, then down the a-pillar, easiest to remove the handle, remove the side panel on the dash with a trim tool....or a screwdriver covered in Sellotape (come on we've all done it at some time!) then remove the light switch, and tap into, or solder onto a grey/ blue wire behind the light switch.....It really shouldn't take more than an hour...guys on this wondaful forum have changed the lights over in less that 30mins....Matt

Light unit turned up today, Thanks Saxoboy! Anybody know what lamps it take to swop to LED?

I used these, bit cheaper and guaranteed not to flicker
These are on the photo earlier in this thread

Careful what you buy I bought some led’s and they keep randomly flickering .. nice white light but the flickering is awful
Definitely, cheaper ones usually do flicker
The ones I posted above are a little more expensive but have never flickered once :thumbsup:

Back