For Sale Ambient Cabin Overhead Lighting

The yellow wire goes across the roof space and down the a pillar (poke it between the window and the roof lining) and once you have the wire behind the light switch you need to connect it to the grey/ purple lead.

Its all in the instructions ;)

Fwiw I've just installed this unit today, and I found it easy enough to remove the A pillar trim. Ease off the cover on the handle, undo the two bolts, the trim is held on by 3 clips, they lever off with a bit of care and the entire trim comes away (remains attached to the small speaker).

I prefer this method as I've previously cracked the windscreen on my SQ5 trying to bury a wire behind the A pillar....

Fwiw I've just installed this unit today, and I found it easy enough to remove the A pillar trim. Ease off the cover on the handle, undo the two bolts, the trim is held on by 3 clips, they lever off with a bit of care and the entire trim comes away (remains attached to the small speaker).

I prefer this method as I've previously cracked the windscreen on my SQ5 trying to bury a wire behind the A pillar....

Cheers for the heads up! I had a new windscreen fitted yesterday so probably not best to try wedging anything down there then! I'll go the removal route! :thumbsup:

Hi @8balladdict ….so what's it like installed?.....surely you found time this weekend!......Hope you enjoy your purchase ;) ...Matt

It’s spot on mate! They turned up that same day and I think I had it all installed within the hour! Removed the A Pillar and did it properly, routed the yellow cable with some mgmt clips and soldered it on the the blue/grey wire, easy. Looks smart, especially with the comfort dash. Gives a nice glow off the silver trim surrounds in the dash. Cheers for the service mate. :thumbsup:

Always loved the subtle ambient lighting in my Merc, and I think I need it in The Van! I've PM'd you Matt!

Nice 1 @ThreeBridgeT6, very smart after the install.....I reckon 40mins and you won't believe the difference it makes :) ....obviously, in the dark!!!......not just yet.....however it depends on where you live I guess....being on the NC500 the last 12 days....its gets very dark when the heavens open!!!! :whistle::whistle:

Great service and support from @saxoboy I had mine fitted in 30 mins. Very subtle mod, here’s some pics taken in a pitch black car park, it’s a bit more subtle in the flesh. Here the back lighting is set to max. Nice little mod.

33FFB4C1-8EE8-49B0-8B27-51D7525DFD19.jpeg05EFB2B5-F86C-4224-BC28-21E747A4C3AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Hi @Daffy ....just PM'ed you ;)

I fitted mine up yesterday and went out last night to pick my son up, I’m really impressed with this kit, a lovely red glow around the centre dash/gearstick area, easy to fit and looks totally OE (because it is).

I had been looking at these for a while and am so glad I pulled the trigger - recommended!

Light kit arrived today, easy enough to fit with the instructions provided, looks good in the daylight - should look better at night
Definitely recommended upgrade :thumbsup:

Back