For Sale Welcome/ Puddle Light Kits

Hi Matt / @saxoboy
I emailed and private messaged you a couple of days ago as I have a problem with one of the light units.
Could you have a look and get back to me please.

Thank you

Andy

@saxoboy I’ve only just got around to fitting my puddle light kit from you on my 6.1.
The wiring loom to the door latch on the drivers side doesn’t have a black wire - there are 6 white and 1 brown one?
My van’s in bits and I could really do with a quick help/ steer from anybody?

Thought I’d get it wrapped in a couple of hours, but not happening now

Last edited:
@saxoboy I’ve only just got around to fitting my puddle light kit from you on my 6.1.
The wiring loom to the door latch on the drivers side doesn’t have a black wire - there are 6 white and 1 brown one?
My vans on bits and I could really do with a quick help/ steer from anybody?

Thought I’d get it wrapped in a couple of hours, but not happening now
And now I’ve realised that the lights and the connectors don’t go together - the pins and sockets are completely different sizes and don’t line up? @saxoboy , I’m Pretty disappointed tbh…. .

Hi all Im currently fitting a set of genuine vw logo puddle lights to my T6.1. I have got them working according to the wiring diagram but they won't turn off. I've been told that I shouldn't be use the brown wire to the door lock but one of the white ones. There are six white wires 4 thin and two slightly thicker. Can anyone help please
Did you ever get your lights working @David1964colley ?
I’ve just tried to fit mine and realised that the instructions are wrong for T6.1…

I recently installed a set of puddle lights purchased from VanStyle.

Regarding the wiring for puddle lights I managed to get them working through a process of elimination which is as follows:

Permanent live feed on both doors is the large white wire going to the door ECU as per the photo.

The trigger wire from the door lock is one of the thin white wires again on both doors. This was a bit more tricky because the wires have no markings and all look the same. I found it by trying each of the thin white wires with a sharp probe until the relay picked. I had the whole circuit wired as per the pictures and then just went through each wire with the sharp probe until it picked.

Hope this is of use to you.

tempImage4UXyzv.png

5EEAF172-CAB2-4D30-8FBC-20DC9147458F.jpeg

tempImageEwwP5e.png

A3059017-A25C-4E83-9E99-3A15568C468B.jpeg

tempImageRuzjOO.png

Hi @Drifterman apologies, I've been out until now...yes, the T6.1 is a little different, in that it has a number of white leads going to the lock and the +ve lead is a thick white lead in the bunch of wires going under the window motor.

There are 6 wires that lead into the door lock, 5 all are white and 1 all brown. The brown is permanent 12v live door open or closed. So do not use this at all.

All 5 of the white wires are 12v with the door open and 4 are 12v with the door closed.

The last wire is 7v with the door closed and this is the one you need to tap into...obviously you will need the help of a multi-meter for this.

Hope this helps....and the lamps do work with the connectors.....don't be disappointed. I'm not here all the time, the forum is a great place to be as there are others who have overcome issues with the help of this forum....we all help each other...Matt

Last edited:
Thanks for getting back to me @saxoboy, much appreciated

Would've been good to know about the differences ahead of starting the job; maybe a set of instructions for T6.1 (or at least a heads-up it has different colour wires) will help people in the future. I'm sure @miguel 32 wouldn't mind if you used his pics in an updated set of instructions?

We'll agree to disagree on the connectors fitting the lights. I'm an aircraft engineer and I guess I just have high standards. The pins on the lights are square and their centres are 2mm apart - the sockets in the plug are 2mm flats and their centres are 4mm apart; they're not the same. The fact that the plug can go into the light upside down quite easily (i.e. the chamfered corner 'key' has no effect) confirms that it's not a correct pair. You're right in that they can be made to fit together with a bit of careful wiggling, but they certainly don't fit as well as they should.

Anyway, after reading @miguel 32's post and good pics, I completed the wiring today and got them fitted; straightforward enough with a multimeter hooked up and opened and closed the door a few times to find the right wire. Passenger side worked straight away, but the drivers side didn't light. Checked the power (12v, as expected), swapped the light for the passenger one and it worked fine. Tried connecting the one that didn't work in the door direct to the battery and it still didn't work - so it's definitely knackered and I'll need to get a new one.

To that end, I'd be grateful if can let me know my options - clearly I'm hoping I can send you back the broken one and get a replacement?

Good morning All

I just wanted to take a moment to say thank you to Matt (@saxoboy) for sorting out my puddle lights. After a couple of issues (see above), he got straight on the case, replacing a light that didn't work (these things happen - electronics!) and sending me some additional wiring.

Great service and the lights are now fitted and working perfectly :)

@saxoboy had mine almost a year and it looks like the puddle lights are detreating as they are going green......would you sell just the lights? Cheers

1709039608086.png

I had mine fitted by the main dealer and one went like that after 12 months they’ve replaced both for free but if they go again I’ll just swap them out for plain white as the should fit in the same cut outs

Back