Alpine ILX-F903 Fitting to T6

wt11

Hi,

I have a shiny new Alpine ILX-F903 waiting to be fitted. I have the fascia adapter and USB retention sorted. However, I am a bit lost as to what interface/adapters I need to order.

I have a Startline so no MFSW but its does have MFD-Plus so I would like to retain the audio info coming up on MFD. I was looking at the Connects2 CTUVW03 & Alpine APF-X300VW but seems alot of money when I don't have MFSW or any other fancy bits to retain. Is there a cheaper option? InCarTec 49-VW-05 is more reasonble price but I'm unclear if it supports MFD as its not mentioned on their site:

Also not sure what aerial adapters I need. The Halo9 comes with a DAB aerial but I would sooner use the factory fitted one along the FM.

I also have stop/start is that affect things at all.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Will

Hi,

I have a shiny new Alpine ILX-F903 waiting to be fitted. I have the fascia adapter and USB retention sorted. However, I am a bit lost as to what interface/adapters I need to order.

I have a Startline so no MFSW but its does have MFD-Plus so I would like to retain the audio info coming up on MFD. I was looking at the Connects2 CTUVW03 & Alpine APF-X300VW but seems alot of money when I don't have MFSW or any other fancy bits to retain. Is there a cheaper option? InCarTec 49-VW-05 is more reasonble price but I'm unclear if it supports MFD as its not mentioned on their site:

Also not sure what aerial adapters I need. The Halo9 comes with a DAB aerial but I would sooner use the factory fitted one along the FM.

I also have stop/start is that affect things at all.

Thanks in advance if anyone can help.

Will

Hi Will

does the vehicle have factory parking sensors?

I like this unit as well and would be interested in this as it's the cost of all the extra adapters etc pushing it over budget for me.

I like this unit as well and would be interested in this as it's the cost of all the extra adapters etc pushing it over budget for me.
If you have factory parking sensors and like them to be displayed, along with the facia, fitting, pocket, alpine CanBus adapter, fm adapter, dab adapter and usb retention kit pushes it quiet a bit over £200.00 for the parts alone, but it’s similarly to any aftermarket head unit install

our most popular unit is the Kenwood DMX 8019dab, better features, faster operation and cheaper

I don't have factory sensors.

But I have an aftermarket reversing camera to fit. Reading other posts it sounds like reverse being passed to stereo would be useful so it switches to camera in head unit.

Bit the bullet. Bought the Alpine fitting kit.

The fascia has a slot for the microphone to slot into but the microphone supplied with Halo 9 seems too big to fit.

Has anyone managed to fit the microphone into the fascia? Looks like it might fit if you broke the plastic housing? But loved to try that and find it doesn't.

20201220_083101.jpg

20201220_082744.jpg

Thanks Andys. Good back up plan but as my fascia has a slot with grill that claims to hold a mic I'm hoping to do it that way.

Don't particularly like the look of after market mics sticking out from pillars, sun visors or roof liner.

Considered trying to stick it where the factory one is located in the cabin light unit. But read mixed reviews on that.

Thanks Andys. Good back up plan but as my fascia has a slot with grill that claims to hold a mic I'm hoping to do it that way.

Don't particularly like the look of after market mics sticking out from pillars, sun visors or roof liner.

Considered trying to stick it where the factory one is located in the cabin light unit. But read mixed reviews on that.
How did you get on. I too hate the ugly mic sticking out of pillar!

Back