All these flat batteries :-)

P

Phil_G

So many identical threads.... poor old Dellmassive must be worn out ;)
Heres a cheap option for all those asking "what panel should I buy?" - eighteen quid delivered from the UK is a bargain. Comes with leads & croc clips.
Its small enough to sit outside on the screen or inside on the dash, & connects either to the battery or to the dash cig socket.
The lads have a car each plus we have a Dispatch works van, all lying idle, so I just bought one of these so they can take turns topping up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30W-18V-Solar-Panel-kit-battery-Charge-Controller-Caravan-Boat-Home-RV-NEW/402102439876
30w is optimistic, it charges at about ½ to 1 amp which is ideal, you dont need a controller at those levels, leave it on for a full day then move it to the next car.
It also has a regulated 5v USB socket for charging your phone or tablet when all this is over.
Cheers
Phil

IMG_20200505_123116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an epic battle on the Forum front trying keep ontop of it. =)

Regarding the panel above.

It says 18v @ 1.7A VOC/max

I'd like to see a BM2 24hr read out or a power meter readout to see how it performs.

Any1 got this or similar, and a BM2 to get a 24hr log?

It been on the Dispatch all yesterday afternoon and all this morning, its giving 1.25A and the battery is sat at 13.6v in this lovely full sunshine, all good
I'll move it onto Daves Pug this afternoon.

Looks like they've sold out, plenty of sellers with the identical panel though. Heres a 20W panel for £17.50 delivered!! 10W/20W30W Solar Panel kit 12V battery Charge Controller Caravan Boat Home | eBay

and another: 10/20/30 W Universal Flexible Solar Panel Kit Clip Cable Caravan Boat Home RV | eBay

Last edited by a moderator:
It's an epic battle on the Forum front trying keep ontop of it. =)

Regarding the panel above.

It says 18v @ 1.7A VOC/max

I'd like to see a BM2 24hr read out or a power meter readout to see how it performs.

Any1 got this or similar, and a BM2 to get a 24hr log?
Must be great to have all that knowledge for this issue dellmassive thanks for keeping up the input!

I have the largest solar panel that halfords do 6w battery maintainer £39 £30 if you have a trade card and I have not started the van since beginning of January and took it for its first service yesterday and it started first time the van is a TSI so easier on the battery than a diesel

So many identical threads.... poor old Dellmassive must be worn out ;)
Heres a cheap option for all those asking "what panel should I buy?" - eighteen quid delivered from the UK is a bargain. Comes with leads & croc clips.
Its small enough to sit outside on the screen or inside on the dash, & connects either to the battery or to the dash cig socket.
The lads have a car each plus we have a Dispatch works van, all lying idle, so I just bought one of these so they can take turns topping up:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/30W-18V-Solar-Panel-kit-battery-Charge-Controller-Caravan-Boat-Home-RV-NEW/402102439876
30w is optimistic, it charges at about ½ to 1 amp which is ideal, you dont need a controller at those levels, leave it on for a full day then move it to the next car.
It also has a regulated 5v USB socket for charging your phone or tablet when all this is over.
Cheers
Phil

View attachment 68600
Morning @Phil_G
Do you still use this? I wondered what the long term effect would be without a controller.
For instance if you left it for a month could it overcharge the battery or would it be okay?
Thanks.

Back