Alarm and battery failure?

HughG

Hi all, my T6 camper alarm went off last night, (No flashing lights) the remote key fob would not open the van to stop it. So had to open door with manual key. This worked so put key in ignition and every thing is dead. Does the alarm go off with a flat battery? Battery is 7 months old, or does immobiliser just shut everything down, not used camper for 4 weeks so if battery not sure why it would drain. Bit of a quandary as to the problem and what to do? Any advice gratefully received.

The alarm has its own small backup battery to power the siren in the event of losing power (an attacker cutting cables or disconnecting the main battery) so the fact it’s sounding with a dead main battery is normal

Thanks, I will check battery and charge, is it normal for the battery to drain if not used, not been an issue with my cars? Can't see what could have been draining it?

Thanks, I will check battery and charge, is it normal for the battery to drain if not used
Very normal. Just use the search function on here and you will find lots of information on battery drain and how to combat it.

Thanks all, it seems that the leisure battery has drained and subsequently drained the main battery. Must admit I thought that these were separated and not connected? Thing to research now is to stop this happening and see why the leisure battery drains over time.

How long has it been sitting?

Does it get driven daily?

How long has it been sitting?

Does it get driven daily?
Hi Dellmasssive, It has not been driven for 4 weeks. I have charged both Main and Leisure battery and taken her for a drive and all works. Looking at what might have caused battery drain, i have 2 boxes(technical i know!) behind the drivers seat next to the fuse box above the leisure battery and one has a switch was on, not sure what this switch does but i have now switched off whilst van is parked up.

yeh. . . . unfortunately the T6 wont last 4weeks.

that's going to end up with a knackered battery.

you need to top-up with a mains charger every 3weeks or so, or get some solar fitted.

more info:

id definetly recommend you get a battery monitor fitted . . . so you can see what's going on. . .

post some pics of the black boxes and well have a look. . .

Back