Alarm help (flat battery?)

Slunkie

VIP Member
Hi all,

So stupid me left the switch on my PMS split charger thing to 'car' for the past couple of days so my battery just went flat and alarm started sounding (this is normal according to the VW manual?).

Tried to stop it with the key fob but nothing... Alarm stopped after a few minutes so I popped the bonnet and connected my battery charger and boom the alarm starts going off again in my face so now I am totally deaf....

After a minute or so charging I tried disarming/unlocking the van with the key fob. Put it in the ignition etc but the battery was obviously still almost completely flat so nothing really happened and alarm continued to go off.

It's finally stopped now but my question is:
1) Will it start going off again in the night or is it done now/impossible as the battery is completely flat?
2) When I try charging it tomorrow, will it go off for ages again until the battery is mostly charged? Is there anything I can do to shut it up? I have a VCDS if that helps?

Cheers

Can you leave the battery charging all night ?
What model of battery charger is it ?

Pete

I don't dare connect my battery charger again right now as it's getting late and the alarm will start going off again (my neighbors can be arseholes) and I've no idea how to stop it.

I've got a ctek mxs 5.0 so a decent one but designed to charge slow which is good for the AGM battery but apparently terrible for the overly anxious alarm system.

I don't think anyone can answer the questions as to how long the alarm will sound for whilst the battery is charging, and if the alarm was easy to stop, then VW would have failed in their design - someone may know the answer though.

Can you wait until your neighbours have gone out tomorrow (if they do) ?

Pete

How about connecting the battery to another with some jump leads? Would that give it the power needed to let me disarm with the fob and then start a charge cycle with the ctek?

Possibly, but there could be a very high current flow initially - look out for sparks, melting clips and hot leads.
You could also possibly damage the other battery.

Pete

Back