AJC Conversions, Derbyshire

Would you mind explaining the difference?
Knock on edging is a moulding that comes on a roll & “knocks” into a groove routed on the edge of the door. It can’t go around a sharp 90deg bend, so the doors & cutouts are characterised by having radiussed corners. Edge banding is a process where a plastic strip is machine glued to the edge of the timber & trimmed flush to give a clean edge, rather than the lip that protrudes from a knock on edging. It’s a matter of personal taste, but edge banding gives a cleaner look & knock on edging is often seen as an easier cheaper option. Edge banding requires investment in the machinery & tends to appear on higher end conversions.
Like I said, it’s a matter of perception & personal taste before anyone gets upset.

These are edge banded
5D6361E6-2E8D-494C-AFA7-ED1CBC804DD7.jpeg

Knock on edging is a moulding that comes on a roll & “knocks” into a groove routed on the edge of the door. It can’t go around a sharp 90deg bend, so the doors & cutouts are characterised by having radiussed corners. Edge banding is a process where a plastic strip is machine glued to the edge of the timber & trimmed flush to give a clean edge, rather than the lip that protrudes from a knock on edging. It’s a matter of personal taste, but edge banding gives a cleaner look & knock on edging is often seen as an easier cheaper option. Edge banding requires investment in the machinery & tends to appear on higher end conversions.
Like I said, it’s a matter of perception & personal taste before anyone gets upset.

These are edge banded
View attachment 160079
Well, you learn something new every day - I always thought they were interchangeable terms. :confused:

Well, you learn something new every day - I always thought they were interchangeable terms. :confused:
Nope, entirely different beasts, and once you’ve seen them side by side, you’ll never go back.

once you’ve seen them side by side, you’ll never go back.
Oh I totally agree - I dislike knock-on edging as, IMO, it screams "budget". It's just that I've been errantly referring to it as edge-banding for quite a while now :speechless: (isn't that right, @Skyliner33?).

After a bit of time out of office and in the workshop it's great to get back online and update some vans we've had the pleasure of working on!

Ian's T6.1 lining job was a pleasure and great to see how much he enjoyed the new van vs the T4 they've been used to for many years which was super low! Also great to see the VW sound proofing applied to the side loading door really well :eek:
IMG_2978.jpgIMG_2977.jpgIMG_2970.jpgIMG_2960.jpgIMG_2958.jpg

We have finally after months and months of testing finished up our flat pack furniture kit to a fit we're really happy with! Meaning we can now offer these to the public and trade!

The units exclude any appliances and the worktop will be cutout to suit a SMEV 9222 with Left handed sink. The worktop as standard will be manufactured from a choice of colours of Lightweight plywood. Overhead shelf is an additional £100 inc VAT.

The kit will include front and rear bed boards suitable for a 112cm RIB bed. a Kitchen units and wardrobe unit inclusive of tambour doors etc.

Units quoted are fully built and ready to install into your own vehicle. Delivery can be arranged and delivered in flat pack form ready for you to install the edging etc for £1,475 inc VAT plus delivery.

Lead times as little as 5 days dependant on furniture board availability, please feel free to call or email for up to date times.

Trade pricing available on bulk purchases. Please message to discuss further.

IMG_3223.jpgIMG_3224.jpgIMG_3225.jpgIMG_3226.jpg

Great to have this T6 finished up in time for it to be a Christmas present for their kids, the van has been on "holiday" for a week with AJC making a great Christmas present.

Reimo Superflat roof, RIB 150cm bed in Austin trim, 110A Leisure battery with Victron DC-DC, AJC's stage 1 sound proofing and insulation, ready for the customer to make their own mark on the ply lining kit!
IMG_3489.jpgIMG_3488.jpgIMG_3486.jpgIMG_3487.jpg

Morning all,

We have a slot for a full Transporter/Crafter conversion this month/ early April due to a build error at VW, a super high roof van that isn't super high!! :eek:

We can offer a FREE Eberspacher D2L with 7 day timer on any full conversion package booked in for this period. Any further bookings will be from mid June onwards.

For anybody thinking of a conversion/part conversion don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions or try out our new conversion calculator to price up your dream van! Instant Quote

Brandon.

Good afternoon all,

Wanted to post a couple of piccies of our latest Crafter to roll out of the workshop! I still can't believe we're doing Crafters after all these years strictly on the Transporters but i have to admit they're pretty stunning when complete and all the options are appealing.

This one featured Bunk beds at rear, toilet / shower unit, Truma D4E Water and Air heater, 91L Fridge, Karndean flooring, 4M Fiamma awning and much more including around 480 man hours to complete!

Over the moon with the finished product though and wish the customer all the best with it, looking forward to seeing their pics while they're away...

IMG_8055.jpgIMG_8056.jpgIMG_8057.jpgIMG_8058.jpgIMG_8059.jpgIMG_8062.jpgIMG_8063.jpgIMG_8064.jpgIMG_8065.jpgIMG_8068.jpgIMG_8069.jpgIMG_8070.jpgIMG_8071.jpgIMG_8073.jpgIMG_8076.jpgIMG_8077.jpgIMG_8080.jpgIMG_8082.jpgIMG_8088.jpg

IMG_8072.jpg

I'm looking forward to getting on with our own in the coming months, hope the new vans coming on well!!
No money pal so no change unfortunately :(

Once some pennies are there I'll book in for the carpet and flooring. Can you source an oak floor?

As @T6ChrisO says - awesome Brandon & Team...
100% don't want a Crafter though - still quite happy at my T6 Bus that they converted over 4 years ago now.
Many happy family memories already made & plenty more to come, I'm sure :thumbsup:

See you this Friday Brandon to discuss a few Xmas upgrades :cool:

No money pal so no change unfortunately :(

Once some pennies are there I'll book in for the carpet and flooring. Can you source an oak floor?
She will soon be complete! There's a lot of options available, we can have a sit down and find what's best for you :)

As @T6ChrisO says - awesome Brandon & Team...
100% don't want a Crafter though - still quite happy at my T6 Bus that they converted over 4 years ago now.
Many happy family memories already made & plenty more to come, I'm sure :thumbsup:

See you this Friday Brandon to discuss a few Xmas upgrades :cool:
Thank you John, appreciate the comments!

Look forward to seeing you, is it a tea or coffee??

Back