Aircon Panel Illumination.

You can do a scan via VCDS or Carista . . . .

Carista is the cheap option - https://amzn.to/2vD3ORt

Carista - How I Done It -

apart from that . . . . what exactly is working or not?

Is AC working or not?

is recirc working or not?

are blowers working or not?

is temp control working or not?

Blowers are working on all levels.
I haven't had the van out for a decent run in the last couple of days to actually check if the AC is working. This is also the same for the temperature control.
Without the AC and Recirc lights not illuminating, it's difficult to know if these circuits are actually working.

Bingo. I have the AC and Recirc buttons active again. I decided to replace the dash trim bits I had removed, one of which was the glovebox. (When removing the glovebox I had to remove the retrofit glovebox and light kit I installed, and I also removed the piggy back fuse and cable.) When rebuilding today and referring to my notes from dismantle, I replaced the glovebox cable and plugged in the piggy back fuse to to SC 15.

I would like to thank all who posted on this thread with ideas etc. Your help is really appreciated.

Resurrecting this. I had exactly the same symptoms on my new T6.1 - no aircon lights, and heater blowing full blast hot air. I had the lower dash off earlier too. I pulled Fuse 12 7.5a and it was OK, but when I put it back it seemed to go in further. Ignition back on, and the lights are back and the aircon is fine. Thanks again to the forum for a quick solution!

Reactions: CAB
Back