why have i got an auxillary heater?

That would suggest that I'm right about it being the heater in the front as @andrewj1966 said he has no controls for aux heater

It might be worth @andrewj1966 getting a spec sheet from @Pauly ?

When I first got my van I spoke to Pauly about the spec. When I purchased it, it had been in the dealer network for 15 months and had 600 miles on it. It was described as a Startline 9 seat window van with air con, parking sensors and rear aux heater. Pauly said Joe public could not spec a vehicle like mine in the showroom and that it was probably ordered by a conversion company and something was wrong with the order (not unknown for VW to tick wrong boxes!).

Anyway, the point of my rambling is to suggest the OP get a spec / build sheet for their van as it is useful to understand what you have.

Here is the rest of the set up - its a no frills startline…

View attachment 225323View attachment 225324
If you've also got A/C in front cabin then it's the option

KH1 Air-conditioning system Climatic (semi-automatic) and second heater in passenger compartment
or possibly
KH2 Air-conditioning system Climatic (semi-automatic) and passenger compartment ventilation with second heater in passenger compartment

The Webasto should be identified as option
9M5 Auxiliary heater

which means the rear heater is just a subsystem to cabin heater - not really related to existence of the Webasto
At some point I might want to remove the rear unit and wondered what to do about the diesel ‘boost’ heater?
- thus simple to remove if so desired - not connecting/affecting the Webasto setup by any means.

Back