HVAC guys?

Eyeball

VIP Member
Looking for recommendation of an engineer that can fix my ac/hvac. Anywhere in UK, the further North the better but will come to you.

(Very) long story short-ish. Left side stopped blowing warm air. Lived with it like that for a couple of months. Then right side stops blowing warm air. Now, obviously, have major problems with demist etc not to mention the van's bloody freezing.

Have an excellent mechanic that we use for all our servicing, MOTs etc but he's very old school - would trust him even with an engine rebuild but when it comes to electronics he'd be the first to admit he's pretty hopeless.

He had a quick look at it and even stripped down the dash to get to the blend flaps which he reckoned were jammed, but they're still stubbornly stuck on "cold" even after he reassembled it.

Recirculation, blower, windscreen/face/feet flaps all fine, just the damned blend flaps refuse to budge.

I'm no longer a young man and disinclined to revisit my youth as the kind of contortionist you need to be to get at these things DIY, so I'm looking for someone who can fix it for me. Bonus points if you can figure out why stop/start doesn't work (hasn't worked since I bought the van, never really bothered me :).

Back