Airbag Error After Fitting Dash Cam

Hello again peeps. I hard wired a dash cam yesterday as per the helpful advice I found yesterday after asking on this forum, and it seems to work fine. I have come to drive the van this morning and have noticed an airbag error. I have tried to remove the dash cam wiring to make sure it hadn’t interfered with anything but still got an error. Only thing I can think may have caused it was that I removed the NS trim panel with the passanger airbag switch in order to route the wiring down the A pillar. I have popped it back off and checked the switch connection and it’s pushed fully home. Any help would be appreciated, I really hope I haven’t voided my warranty :cry:

PS T6 highline 67 plate

I have had a air bag error show in the past when i disconnected the air bag switch to do some work. If i remember i cleared the error fault with VCDs ?

Check the map you may have someone local who will clear it for you.

Quite impressive response times on the Forum - less than 15 minutes! And, seems to work like that almost 24/7! :thumbsup:

Not sure if I’m going mad, but since I’ve installed the dash cam it seems I need to press the unlock button on the key fob TWICE in order to open the rear door. Driver, passenger and side door opens with one press but needs another button press to open rear door! Am I going mad or is this normal? If needed I can post another thread...

Not sure if I’m going mad, but since I’ve installed the dash cam it seems I need to press the unlock button on the key fob TWICE in order to open the rear door. Driver, passenger and side door opens with one press but needs another button press to open rear door! Am I going mad or is this normal? If needed I can post another thread...
Normal would be one press unlock and then opening any door within 30 seconds would leave all doors unlocked. If no doors are opened within 30 secs it will lock itself.
Tailgate or barn doors? 2-button or 3-button fob?
Just to clarify:
When the van is locked you need to press twice unlock on the fob to open the rear door?
When driver, passenger or side door are unlocked and opened you still need to press unlock (but only once) to open the rear door?

Normal would be one press unlock and then opening any door within 30 seconds would leave all doors unlocked. If no doors are opened within 30 secs it will lock itself.
Tailgate or barn doors? 2-button or 3-button fob?
Just to clarify:
When the van is locked you need to press twice unlock on the fob to open the rear door?
When driver, passenger or side door are unlocked and opened you still need to press unlock (but only once) to open the rear door?

Hi again MMI. To clarify, I have a two button fob, if I press unlock on fob once it unlocks all doors except the rear door (which is a barn door as opposed to tailgate). If I open the side door then try the rear door it will still be locked, unless I press unlock a second time. Thanks again for your help mate

Hi again MMI. To clarify, I have a two button fob, if I press unlock on fob once it unlocks all doors except the rear door (which is a barn door as opposed to tailgate). If I open the side door then try the rear door it will still be locked, unless I press unlock a second time. Thanks again for your help mate
Thanks for clarifying. Searching the Forum reveals the following threads with some similarities. Looks like @Dellmassive and @Rabbit had had possibly similar/related problems.

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/doors-auto-locking.1717/
Rear Barn Doors Door Lock Wont Open- My18
https://www.t6forum.com/threads/mfd-not-recognising-when-back-doors-are-open.7430/

The behaviour you describe is exactly how our barn door van works. One press opens the front and side door, but not the back doors.

Pete

Thanks Pete that’s reassuring. I could swear it was ‘one press unlock’ before I messed about with the electrics but maybe I’m just paranoid

Thanks Pete that’s reassuring. I could swear it was ‘one press unlock’ before I messed about with the electrics but maybe I’m just paranoid
This is also adjustable with Carista. I’ve set mine to open drivers on one press and open passenger, slider and barn doors on two presses

My old barnies unlocked on the first press.. it was a demo van before that, so maybe that is why.

I don’t know how they unlock now.. I don’t even know where my barnies are.

There are several locking options for the rear door in VCDS, perhaps something needs recoding?

My van fully unlocks with one press.

And locks + deadlocks with one press.

A second lock press unlocks the deadlocks... (so its locked from outside. But if someone in the van yoi can unlock feom inside )

I have no idea what Carista is but I’ve just had a google and im going to start a bit of research. Certainly looks interesting. Hopefully it doesn’t void any warranty?

Carista is great for reading codes etc.

but if you have no access to and diagnostic kit . . . . . . .

an old trick used to be to disconnect the main battery for a few hours, this would normally be long enough to clear down any stored codes or fault lights.

once the car/van was restarted if the fault was current, the light would come back on.

but if it was just for an airbag light reset that should work.

but the recomended way is to used diagostics like VCDS & Carista etc

Does anyone know if the airbag will still work with the warning light on? I managed to do it a second time cos I’m a numpty and was wondering if I could leave it temporarily on for a bit without putting my son in danger as he sits up front with me (I’ve misplaced my Carista)

Yes it will still work (provided you have plugged everything back in ! ) it just logs the fault and continues to display the light until it is acknowledged/dealt with ie reset

Back