Doors auto locking

Rik

Hi I've just been loading through the barn doors and the van re locked itself. Is this normal? I thought once you opened any door the van doesn't assume you've hit the key fob buttons by mistake? Aren't the rear doors included in this?

I have a tailgate so not 100% sure if theres any difference between that and barn door but my works as expected van will auto relock after 30 secs if no door is opened
The central locking can be setup differently so the rear/SLD is separate from the front doors, not sure if this is the norm on panel vans but certainly not on a kombi
It is possible your door contact switch is the problem and the vehicle is not registering that the door has been opened, do the interior lights come on when you open the back door ?

Hi @Pauly us the lights are on when I opened the door but I think they auto come on when you hit the key button like in the front. Will have to jump in there later and find out.

Well that was entertaining...

Got in the van, locked the doors with the key button. Pressed unlock and the interior lights came on and heard the doors unlock. Went to get out and couldn't. Turns out the rear door handle is not connected to the lock mechanism so i'm then stuck in my own van! Could have fought my way to the side door but got someone to open it from the outside as they were right there.
Back to the garage then!

Back