Mfd Not Recognising When Back Doors Are Open

Rabbit

T6 Pro
Hi
I’ve had a rear camera and audio upgrade done to the van and I don’t know if it is related or not, but I have the following fault code in the vcds, with the mfd always displaying the back doors as closed even when there open.

Due to the camera being fitted I can see the dealership arguing that it’s as a result of that so it isn’t covered by warranty etc. As a result I would rather just fix it myself if I can. That way the only issue is the fault codes as a result of changing the radio.

Does anyone have an idea as to what could be the cause or how to check?
E2A88768-DCC7-4A19-886B-596DA1A27998.jpeg

Do all the light on the rear end work?
does the locking on the rear work?
I think the MFD picks up the door-lock status over the can-bus from the BCM as the lock-state switch is part of the rear lock assembly.

The lock assembly wires then run from the door, via the door loop, then to a multiblock connector by the lower D pillar, behind the rear light cluster, Then over the roof lining on the passenger side of the van.

Does VCDS show all the other doors opening/closing/locking?

Maybe when they fitted the rear camera the connections got loose or damaged?

what audio upgrade did you have done? - not sure if this would effect anything?

And whats that 01044 module coding all about?

20180522_105554.jpg

Barn doors pic above. If tailgate model then door loop is at top.

Thanks for the reply :)

It’s barn doors that I have. They lock fine, all lights are working and the vcds finds no faults with the other doors.

I had the head unit changed, amps fitted, speakers changed and extra ones fitted in the a pillars, sound proofing in the cabin and rear camera fitted.

I believe that the other code is related to the original head unit no longer being present, which is causing a few errors such as can’t connect to 5f etc

The door open/close signal does come from the lock mechanism (no pin switches anymore) but it’s a switched negative return direct to the BCM to signal its state which in turn tells the display what to show (over canbus)
I would start by returning the BCM to factory coding (the easy option) then move onto to checking the negative signal is getting to the BCM (the harder option although the wire does pass through under passenger seat so can be measured at a mid point)

Looks like the easiest way then is to get into the back door and bell out the F111 & F256 lock switch pins for a short to ground with the door loom disconnected,

then check the MFD to see if it shows rear door as perm - open. (apposite to what you have now)

Then check for 5v ref voltage on pin-switch wires on van side of loom.

might be a short to ground somewhere on the door status monitor wire.

Thanks for the replies :) but I think I am just going to have to bite the bullet on this as I’m getting out of my depth fast.

It’s not causing any issues so I’ll just leave it to the van goes in for a service in 12 months time. It’s probably something simple but it’s past my pay grade to track down.

Just out of interest the radio is permanently grounded to the radio antenna, can’t see why this would cause an issue to the one door but it’s worth asking. The other thing is that I did take the passenger seat out so I’m wondering if I knocked something there

Just noticed something, the back door isn’t always unlocking, locks fine, but sometimes I have to lock the van then unlock again for it to unlock

Just noticed something, the back door isn’t always unlocking, locks fine, but sometimes I have to lock the van then unlock again for it to unlock
This could be coding also..

This could be coding also..
Joy of joy.
Ah well I’ve booked the van in at the vw centre for them to take a look on Thursday. I’ll restore the internal sensors before I do but leave the radio alterations as that way if they do need tweaking they can do it.

Thinking about it the lock has been playing up for a few weeks now. Well if it costs me it costs me

Fingers cross that's all it is :)

There will be a charge for sorting out the vcds I have no doubt as the radio is no longer original, which is causing a few errors. Still, I don't mind that if there is, especially as I have taken pictures of all the central electrics setting so I can see what changes if any they make there :laugh: (like to get my moneys worth :D)

I'm interested to see what they will do in that regard, I would like it checked anyhow so perhaps this is a blessing in disguise

Faulty door module, warranty job. Very happy as a result. Vcds is fine and the fault codes are just the price for aftermarket radio. Alls good with the world :)

Love the fact that they have turned it around in a day, Ford would have taken at least 2 to 3 days!

Sweet. Looking like a batch of dodgy rear door locks then.

Back