Air Awning: Don't get caught out like I did

Deaky

Life’s too short to drink shite beer
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Had my Vango Kela airbeam awning a few years, no issues.

However this weekend one of the valves has failed around the seam with the innertube and the awning collapsed. Not a massive issue as nobody was sleeping in it.

I've never thought to carry a spare but for the sake of £40 it's worth it.

I bought some

Stormsure Inflatable Tent and Awning Repair Kit with transparent glue and tape​

from amazon, not had to use it yet but has some good reviews.

Cheers. Our Vango Idris has taken quite a battering over the last 5 years. The issue I have is that the 2 beams are different on this model, so 2 spares to buy and carry.

Pete

Cheers. Our Vango Idris has taken quite a battering over the last 5 years. The issue I have is that the 2 beams are different on this model, so 2 spares to buy and carry.

Pete
Not necessarily, the innertubes are over size and the end just folded over to fit the zip up tube that contains them.

Ok. We might inflate it at the weekend to see which beam is longer.
We also carry a spare of the very specific valve adapter, as it looks very easy to break by accident.

Pete

Had my Vango Kela airbeam awning a few years, no issues.

However this weekend one of the valves has failed around the seam with the innertube and the awning collapsed. Not a massive issue as nobody was sleeping in it.

I've never thought to carry a spare but for the sake of £40 it's worth it.
no pics of the Air beam disaster. . . ?

I can top that!
We have a vango air tent that we took to a weekend away with the kids at Santapod to watch the monster trucks. All but 1 of the tubes had split during storage (at the seam near the valve). We managed to sleep in it ok and it was pretty fun for a couple of nights. Luckily I had a tape measure with me so measured up and ordered new all new beams as we were going away for a week the weekend after. IMG_1893.jpeg

Love it.....

I think I have a couple to add to this thread,

:mexican wave:

Back