Awning But I Don't Want No Steenking Rail On Van...

Hi @Salty Spuds .... above the photo you mention £90 squid .... sorry "thicko" here .... what do you get for £90? I am after a gutter rail to stop rain coming in the whizz bang etc .... any advice/ comments etc would be appreciated. Thanks Paul
£90 was for the awning that slides into the rail. A rail is around £240 fitted.

Im liking the kiravans rail sail but a couple of guys have the stitches and steel carbon poles and you just can't have anything else after seeing those...

Whilst I haven’t tried, I’d say yes.
Morning all. Just following up from this wondered if anyone (@Ads_Essex / @T6downsouth) has tried to close the pop top with awning attached? I'm about to get a HiLo fitted at the end of Feb, and Jaibow originally suggested a Reimo rail, but if wanting something more discreet a C-rail underneath the HiLo would work (as per @Ads_Essex solution actually). But I'm wondering - if I'm away camping (if we're ever allowed again!) and a storm hits and I want to close the roof, am I going to need to disconnect the awning to do that?

Thanks all!

Morning all. Just following up from this wondered if anyone (@Ads_Essex / @T6downsouth) has tried to close the pop top with awning attached? I'm about to get a HiLo fitted at the end of Feb, and Jaibow originally suggested a Reimo rail, but if wanting something more discreet a C-rail underneath the HiLo would work (as per @Ads_Essex solution actually). But I'm wondering - if I'm away camping (if we're ever allowed again!) and a storm hits and I want to close the roof, am I going to need to disconnect the awning to do that?

Thanks all!
You wouldn't have to remove the awning. I don't think the roof would pull down quite as far as it would with the awning removed but it would be fine to pull down in a storm.

Thanks @Ads_Essex and @Deaky for replying! Great to hear that it should be possible to pull down at least far enough to protect the roof, and not need to disconnect the awning! Cheers for the help...

Back