Additional D-pillar breather vents for load compartment on T6.1

lucian_dinu

Hi all,
Does anyone know if you can shut/ close totally the breather vents that are as optional on the T6.1?

They come as optional under description: Additional breather vents for load compartment on D-pillar.

I've attached a picture showing the vents, if anyone has some "real life" pictures to share with us, inside outside and how they close, if they do :)

Also if much noise goes through them if they are closed, material there are made of, other considerations, etc...

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Lucian

breather vent VW T6.1 Transporter.jpg

Hi all,
Does anyone know if you can shut/ close totally the breather vents that are as optional on the T6.1?

They come as optional under description: Additional breather vents for load compartment on D-pillar.

I've attached a picture showing the vents, if anyone has some "real life" pictures to share with us, inside outside and how they close, if they do :)

Also if much noise goes through them if they are closed, material there are made of, other considerations, etc...

Much appreciated!

Cheers,
Lucian

View attachment 136604
I think it’ll be a no. Have a search on here for
Baker Slots.
Oh and welcome to the forum

Are they true vents or just dummy vents? If you are sleeping in the lower van with the windows closed up they would be very useful.
I’m fairly sure after market ones are just for aesthetics, IMO they don’t enhance the look at all.

Are they true vents or just dummy vents? If you are sleeping in the lower van with the windows closed up they would be very useful.
I’m fairly sure after market ones are just for aesthetics, IMO they don’t enhance the look at all.
Aftermarket are dummy vents. Genuune fitted at factory are real vents.

Reactions: DXX
I’m guessing they’re real as per the description given by the OP, but if they aren’t, then that’s a lot less grief for him

Thanks for your input guys, appreciated.

That was my first post here, I'm a newbie in this field!

I am about to order a T6.1, I will not order it with vents but someone I know already did and was looking for an answer for him. If anyone has pictures videos with the vents, that would be fantastic.

I will probably add a mesh vent over the sliding window similar to the one bellow / attached - this is for my kitesurfing, SUP surfing, etc gear ...to dry out aerate... let the gear get some fresh air :)

Thanks again for the Welcome!

Mesh Vent on Sliding window.jpg

If anyone has pictures videos with the vents, that would be fantastic.
Conversion is starting! For those who have been interested in the rear vents this is them removed.

Won’t be going back on unless I stick the covers on top of the glass

View attachment 44301

View attachment 44302

View attachment 44303
I will probably add a mesh vent over the sliding window similar
VW sell OEM mesh covers for their sliding windows.

VW sell OEM mesh covers for their sliding windows.
Thanks for the pictures, sorry but I still don't understand if the vents can be closed, can they?

I've seen the VW OEM mesh covers from but once installed you cannot close the window, you have to remove the mesh and then slide and shut the window. The one I've posted before has the mesh permanent, and you can close open the window as you please, also the mesh is metallic. Does VW have anything like that?

Cheers!

Back